• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What should I upgrade?

LucasG

Gawd
Joined
Jul 2, 2004
Messages
677
Christmas is coming and well, soon new games like Project IM are coming and looking completly AMAZING, so I was wondering... What should I upgrade next? My current PC has the following specs:

Motherboard: ECS 755-A2
Processor: AMD Athlon 64 3200+ 2.2GHz 1600HT
Memory: Kingston 1024MB DDR400
Video Card: Nvidia GeForce 6800 GT 256 MB GDDR3 AGP
Sound Card: SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS
Hard Drive: Western Digital 300GB 7200RPM
Monitor: Optiquest Q71

Thanks & Regards.
 
Video card would probably benefit you the most. But if you have the desire for multi-tasking buying an x2 3800 is a good step before a new gpu.
 
You have a decent rig now, so I'd save money until M2 and do a total rebuild.
 
no need to upgrade anything but a primary hard drive. get a raptor and use the 300 as storage.

no such thing as x2 for 754 to my knowledge, other than that i say /thread. However, If its a must, sell your mobo, cpu and vid ~> upgrade to 939, go PCI-E and since you didn't mention what PSU you had, I'm gonna assume its cuz your embarassed of what it is, upgrade that as well. :)
 
I was checking some stuff for sale at the sales forum and found a good mobo with x2 3800 and a geforce 6600 128mb pci express x16. Can get that for christmas, sell my current and pay part of it and save some money.
 
Back
Top