• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What should I know before getting started?

Gorilla

[H]F Junkie
Joined
Sep 14, 2007
Messages
8,579
So my water cooling gear should be delivered today. Nothing too fancy, but this is my first go at water cooling.

I only really have one question. I vaguely remember reading that you want to clean out your rad and such before first using it. I seem to recall something about vinegar or maybe rubbing alcohol but google has yielded a lot of conflicting advice. So, do I need to clean out my radiator before using it (XSPC EX360) and if so, how?

Anything else I should know before I get going? I mean, I know that I need to check for leaks and such, get rid of air bubbles, etc.

Oh and where is the best/cheapest place to get a killcoil from? I ordered the rest of my stuff from svc.com (who were super fast by the way) but they were out of silver coils.
 
Last edited:
What I personally did with my radiator, I plugged it in to the hot water tap, for 10-15 minutes then rinsed all the tap water

006a.jpg


007a.jpg


008a.jpg


and finally 3 or 4 rinses with distilled water

010a.jpg


011a.jpg
 
When you do that hot tap water flush, DO NOT open the faucet full force... you can damage the radiator with that much pressure.
 
Back
Top