• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What should I do?

EhJayKim

Limp Gawd
Joined
Nov 18, 2004
Messages
361
Well, I am putting together my new system, and most of it is put together, I have money put aside for a 6800GT, and a little over 300 put aside for monitor and processor, the thing is it is my birthday tomorrow, and nobody has bought me a gift, so what do I do? I want the 2005fpw and an a64 3500, should I drop down to a 3200 to save some money? Or do you think that it is not worth the performance drop? Thanks.
 
Honestly I would just save some money and get the 3000+. They OC like mad and you can save yourself quite a bit of cash. I'm running a 3000+ with the stock cooler at 2.295GHz right now, that's a hair faster than a 3500+ and whole lot cheaper. Pair that up with an EPoX 9NDAJ mobo and you're looking at $250.
 
Captain Colonoscopy said:
Honestly I would just save some money and get the 3000+. They OC like mad and you can save yourself quite a bit of cash. I'm running a 3000+ with the stock cooler at 2.295GHz right now, that's a hair faster than a 3500+ and whole lot cheaper. Pair that up with an EPoX 9NDAJ mobo and you're looking at $250.

I agree with the Captain on just getting the 3000+. You will save some serious cash, and the performance gain from a 3000-3500 probably wouldn't be that much to you anyways - the video card is where you should concentrate more funds on. With the extra cash you can also upgrade ram if needed, which will provide one of the easiest and most dramatic performance boosts.
 
Back
Top