What should I do with this?

vraa

Gawd
Ideas?

amdco.jpg

Or send it to me. I am in dire need, you just don't know the horrors I endure with an Athlon X2 3600... :D

1100T? Could use it in a folding box. Or a 3D-rendering workstation, if you're on a budget.

Should handle highly parallel tasks nicely; my 1055T at 3.6GHz certainly does!

I wouldn't use it for a dedicated gaming rig, though; fairly few games would use six physical cores efficiently.

1100T? Could use it in a folding box. Or a 3D-rendering workstation, if you're on a budget.

Should handle highly parallel tasks nicely; my 1055T at 3.6GHz certainly does!

I wouldn't use it for a dedicated gaming rig, though; fairly few games would use six physical cores efficiently.

I dont see your point on this just because its a x6 core doesnt mean you cant use it as a dedicated gaming machine at all. Its been show that even in Battlefield BC2 the game is using x6 cores pretty efficiently. Honestly tho its up to the OP what he wants to do. He already had it so build it & run it

If he wants to sell it & go Sandy then go for it. If you want to keep it & game/multitask on it go for it. If you plan on doing nothing with it send it to me

Well, If I were given this option without a doubt I'd be sporting a 6 core on the quick. No real performance jump for me 4 vs 6 the way it is built but still. Turbo Core would have it's advantages in alot of apps.

What is the easiest way to multiclock this

I am using IntelBurnTest v2.50 and it is not stable at 18.5 multiplier, I am trying 18.0 multiplier now for a 3611mhz try

Any tips? I am noob

Drop the Multiplier to it's stock settings and play with the memory and the memory divider. make sure if falls as closet to your specs as you can get it with out going over unless you are over-volting your memory a little to compensate. {example: memory is default @ 1600 mhz, memory divider set to 1:4 with the clocks @ 1066mhz= 1500mhz. This may not be exact but it will help a bit. This kind of defeats the purpose of having an unlocked multiplier but it may be the only way to overclock that chip. Some chips are just touchy that way. Also, watch your temps, ASUS has thermal throttling built in so you don't burn your house down with the wrong settings. This may also cause Intel Burn in to fail too.

I tested the memory in another machine, no failures
I replaced motherboard, ran memtest, no errors

With new mobo I was able to get through a full night of Intel Stress Test

Now I will download some Steam games, run it through some more paces, and then attempt over clocking again, let's see if I can do 18.5x multiplier....

Edit: I try to only buy AMD because I believe they make the best processors for the price. If I offend any of you Intel moderators, please forgive me, lest I get an infraction again for a Pro-AMD post in the AMD forums....

Last edited:
Now that I have replaced motherboard, I have upped ram to 1600mhz and changed to 200 x 20.0
I am testing now to see if 4ghz is stable, if it is I'll try 200 x 22
What max temps should I worry about? Will this catch on fire like the T-Birds?

Popping is not good. Are you watching temps?

edit: what are your temps and what are you using to read them? I stay under 55 on full burn myself, but I know others that have run much hotter. Not that I suggest that.

I try to only buy AMD because I believe they make the best processors for the price. If I offend any of you Intel moderators, please forgive me, lest I get an infraction again for a Pro-AMD post in the AMD forums....

haha no one here is offended at all. Just like I try not to buy AMD anymore personally. Id rather pay the higher costs for performance. Everyone is completely different. Let us know how that new PSU works

Note: On an AMD Rig you dont want to go over 62c. Try and float around 55-58c Max

Edit: What was that PSU you think popped? Brand/Model

I was under 60C

I have not had time to double check PSU
It was a Thermaltake 430w, I forget specifics, it is an old PSU

I only think it's PSU because I'd rather not have the CPU be busted LMAO

That PSU should definitely be able to handle the load. From what it sounds like in another thread around here, you're more likely to blow the motherboard than you are a 750w PSU with the 6core AMD proc.

Actually it also depends on what else you're running in your computer, but more than likely 750w will still be plenty, and those are solid PSUs.

For what it's worth, Newegg has that PSU for a lower price, and there is also a $10 Mail in Rebate (I did the MIR for that same exact PSU but a few months ago, and it all went well and I got my money).

Excellent I have successfully installed PSU and it boots!

Time to try 4ghz again!

Back