What should I do with this stuff...?

Joni Nitro

Gawd
So, I have been building systems for a while. I had a dual Athlon MP 2600 rig a few years back running a Raid 5, but parted out due to being out dated. I have just finished building a desk and two matching Lian Li P80's for a friend of mine. We had originally came across a deal on a server rig that ended up not using and gave it to me. So, now I am not sure what to do with it. I think as a media server is would be overkill, so I am wonder what else I can do with it. I currently backup my media with my main rig and them stream blurays from my current raid 5.

Currently my media server is:
Antec P180
DFI DK P35
E6750
8gb ram
250gb with Win7
4x2tb Samsung software Raid 5

I was given:
Tyan Tiger i7322DP Skt 604
2x3.2Ghz Xeon
LSI Logic MegaRAID SATA 300-8X

I am always down for a new project and if it would be worth it I would build myself a smallish media/networking rack under my desk.

What do you guys think? Besides media storage, what else could I do with this rig?

The E6750 should be faster than the dual Xeon system and will consume far less power. Not many worthwhile things you could really do with it these days.

If any of that is on the VMware whitebox list then I would look to sell it or setup a home lab.

Back