What route should I go?

xSDMx

Gawd
2FA
Joined
Apr 21, 2005
Messages
582
I currently have a fairly ancient creative 5.1 5200 hooked up to an XFi with two Yamaha studio speakers replacing the two front speakers. I'm looking for a new audio setup that'll cost me around $300 or so and that sounds great. I'm open to getting a receiver and a home audio set, but I'm not sure what I should get. Any ideas?
 
I dont know if $300 would be enough to get a decent HT receiver and a 5.1 surround speaker setup. Could be wrong. If your gonna go this route you need to have some cash.
 
I'm actually cool with skipping a 5.1 setup, 2.1 works for me. I really don't see the point in 5.1. Is the X-LS a good speaker?
 
If I got those X-LS', what would be a good 5.1 receiver and sub to go along with them?
 
At this point it's.

Logitech Z-5500

vs

x-ls Bookshelf Loudspeaker + Onkyo TX-SR304S + DAYTON SUB-120

Which way should I go?
 
There is also an X-Sub, but it's out of your budget, speaking of which, X-LS is also out of your budget if you want receiver and sub on top of that.
 
x-ls Bookshelf Loudspeaker + Onkyo TX-SR304S + DAYTON SUB-120

Around $400, decided that the $100 jump might be worth it as I've heard great things about the X-ls.
 
If you can afford it, definitely go with the x-ls speakers, they are going to be much much better than the z-5500's.
 
I've currently got an X-fi Xtrememusic, how exactly to I go about hooking this setup to my PC and using it? Can I eventually get full 5.1? I've heard I can't.
 
Just add more speakers when you want 5.1. Why wouldn't you be able to? You need a 5.1 receiver, of course.
 
If you want, you can get an Onkyo 790 for about 299$.... I've helped my friend calibrate his in his apartment (university apt) and it sounds real good actually!

Check it out.
 
Back
Top