what RAM does the Z590 board need?

rtiotomi38

n00b
I would like to know what RAM you should buy for the Intel Z590 motherboard ?
1. Is it worth 32GB?
2. Is it worth 2 sticks or 4 sticks?
3. Is there a difference of 3200MHZ to 4000MHZ?
4. Is CL important?
5. Is it worth 2 X16GB sticks or 4 8GB sticks?

what to keep memories?

What modules you buy depends on what you're wanting to do.

1. If you think you'll need it.
2. Fewer sticks generally is more stable due to decreased electrical load on the memory controller. It also makes it cheaper to upgrade in the future with open slots instead of having to remove and replace modules.
3. Generally bandwidth vs latency. The timings are arguably more important than raw speed at least on CPUs.
4. Yes, generally the lower the better.
5. Basically the same answer as 2.

The Z590 is supposed to support DDR4-3200, so I guess you can start there, unless you plan on overclocking the memory controller. Unless you've done memory overclocking before, I'd not recommend diving into the deep end, speeds, timings and voltages are all intertwined in complex relationships. You may just start with simple clock bumps first, then work your way into timings and later voltages as you get more experience.

What modules you buy depends on what you're wanting to do.

1. If you think you'll need it.
2. Fewer sticks generally is more stable due to decreased electrical load on the memory controller. It also makes it cheaper to upgrade in the future with open slots instead of having to remove and replace modules.
3. Generally bandwidth vs latency. The timings are arguably more important than raw speed at least on CPUs.
4. Yes, generally the lower the better.
5. Basically the same answer as 2.

The Z590 is supposed to support DDR4-3200, so I guess you can start there, unless you plan on overclocking the memory controller. Unless you've done memory overclocking before, I'd not recommend diving into the deep end, speeds, timings and voltages are all intertwined in complex relationships. You may just start with simple clock bumps first, then work your way into timings and later voltages as you get more experience.
I will add for item 2 - for intel, this tends to matter less (although we don't really know yet for Z590, historically Intel doesn't have issues with all four slots being filled.
Item 3- especially true for Intel.

I will point out that Corsair and AMD is hit or miss, but I totally agree for the Intel side. My x99 and x299 systems have it (or will), although my 490 got G.Skill (on sale).

32gb cl 16 or better 4000 will smoke! Corsair vengeance rgb is silicon lottery That stuff was unstable at IDLE would bluecreen with chrome only open overnight 7 days a week. I sold and went with g.skill low latency b-die and have had zero issues since

image0.jpg

Back