what pump to get?

THRESHIN

2[H]4U
little background: built my watercooling system custom probably about 7 or 8 years ago. i'm starting to think it might be nice to have a spare pump on hand for when mine dies....we all know its a matter of time ;)

i have a used MCP655 which has been a great pump....but its getting old. bought it off ebay and it wasn't working right when i got it, turned out the impeller was damaged. got a replacement from a forum member here whose pump had died. been great ever since.

i live in canada, so there is less available to me within the country. i took a look at the usual sites: ncix, canadacomputers and newegg.ca. newegg and canadacomputers have a lot of nothing for a pump. ncix has a couple, but not much. all i saw that was a maybe was the MCP655 without the speed adjustment like mine has. cost was $100.

so i was wondering if anyone has any recommendations of other pumps i could look at? possible other sources? i want to carry all this over to a new build in the near future. running 1/2" tygon tubing, just straight deionized water with some PTnuke, only cooling the cpu and one video card. i have no interest in SLI or cooling anything else with water. i also have no interest in the prebuilt sealed systems, just not for me.

i can't tolerate a pump any larger than what i already have, at least height wise. just not enough room in my case. i don't plan on replacing the case either.

thanks guys.

actually....it looks identical to the insides of the 655....would have to look up measurements of course. wonder if the old housing would fit?

It is identical to the 655. The VPP655, MCP655, PMP450, are all derivatives of the same pump: the Laing D5. This one just adds PWM for adjusting pump speed.

Have you tried DazMode? They're located here in Canada and have a huge, up-to-date selection of watercooling and modding components. Fantastic service as well, and accept Interac as a payment option. http://dazmode.com

Back