What pump for external WC system?

jyi786

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
5,847
I will make an external WC system for my rig this summer. I was wondering what would be the best pump that is a DC? am I saying it right? You know, the one that connects directly to a power plug (wall socket). Eheim 1250 too weak?
 
Tell first what are your goals Max OC or just nice quiet operation with minimal OC? for max performace I would recommend the Iwaki MD/WMD 20 series, or the Blueline 20HD. With that being said these pumps arent not cheap. Now if you wanted a lesser preforming system, you could looking into dual ehiems, hydors, danners, quiet ones. Also what kinds of pc rads or heater cores are you going to use? i.e. single or dual 120's or single or dual 240's. I'm sure others here will more than happy to answer any questions you may have.

I choose the dual heater core idea running 2 Hydor L30's in series. I'll post pics of my finished "box" when I'm closer to be being finished I lack on rad being barbed and plumbing the system.

-Brandon
 
Well, for one, it has to be silent, has to maintain my current OC, and has to give me better temps. I'm sick and tired of 60C load.
 
Back
Top