What PSU should I use???

midleman

n00b
Joined
May 5, 2008
Messages
19
My system is as follows; Cooler Master Stacker 830 Evo case, Q9450, dual 3870's in CF, 4 hard drives in dual RAID, 8 120mm LED fans, blu-ray player, dvd burner, media card reader with floppy, RAID controller card, 4GB (2x2) DDR2 1066 RAM, gigabyte x38, HT Omega Claro Plus+ sound card, Logitech webcam, Thermalright Ultra-120 Extreme CPU heatsink, front panel LCD fan controller, 2 external hard drives, keyboard, mouse, 28" lcd monitor and 42" lcd hdtv.

The following is the list of PSU's that I have narrowed it down to.

1) SeaSonic M12 SS-700HM ATX12V / EPS12V 700W Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, CE, CB, TUV, FCC - Retail - $180
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16817151031

2) Thermaltake W0116RU 750W Complies with ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V version Power Supply 100 - 240 V CE, CB, TUV, FCC, UL, CUL, and BSMI certified - Retail - $190
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16817153038

3) Thermaltake W0106RU 700W Complies with ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V version Power Supply 100 - 240 V CE, CB, TUV, FCC, UL, CUL, and BSMI certified - Retail - $160
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16817153039

4) SILVERSTONE DA700 700W ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V - Retail - $177
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16817256035

5) SILVERSTONE DA800 800W ATX 12V 2.2 & EPS 12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V - Retail - $217
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16817256036

6) PC Power & Cooling S75QB 750W EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, ULC, CE, CB, RoHS - Retail - $150
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16817703009

7) PC Power & Cooling PPCT860 860W ATX12V / EPS12V Power Supply 100 - 240 V UL, cUL, CE, TUV, RoHS - Retail - $250
http://www.newegg.com/product/product.aspx?item=N82E16817703013
 
If you are looking at the Stacker and a seperate PSU might I suggest looking at:

http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=MTQ2NSwsLGhlbnRodXNpYXN0

I was never interested in that combo b/c I thought the power supply would be horrible, as they typically are in case/power supply combo sales. It doesn't seem so in this case though. I'm still not too sure though. Wish I could be more convinced. The power supply is the biggest part of the computer so I don't want to purchase something that will fry my stuff within a few days or months. I'm not too sure of the Cooler Master reputation when it comes to PSU's but I am sure of PSU reputation when it comes to PC P&C, Silverstone, Corsair and SeaSonic.
 
I was never interested in that combo b/c I thought the power supply would be horrible, as they typically are in case/power supply combo sales. It doesn't seem so in this case though. I'm still not too sure though. Wish I could be more convinced. The power supply is the biggest part of the computer so I don't want to purchase something that will fry my stuff within a few days or months. I'm not too sure of the Cooler Master reputation when it comes to PSU's but I am sure of PSU reputation when it comes to PC P&C, Silverstone, Corsair and SeaSonic.

None of the units you have picked will outperform that unit.
 
I was never interested in that combo b/c I thought the power supply would be horrible, as they typically are in case/power supply combo sales. It doesn't seem so in this case though. I'm still not too sure though. Wish I could be more convinced. The power supply is the biggest part of the computer so I don't want to purchase something that will fry my stuff within a few days or months. I'm not too sure of the Cooler Master reputation when it comes to PSU's but I am sure of PSU reputation when it comes to PC P&C, Silverstone, Corsair and SeaSonic.

Are you just asuming its bad because it comes with the case? :rolleyes: If it was bad, you would see people trashing it all over the place.

If you are buying a Stacker and a higher wattage PSU, I see no reason to skip on that combo. It seems like a ridiculous waste of money to me to spend more money to get a smaller power supply, based on needing a "better brand" PSU.
 
Back
Top