Floppor

Weaksauce
hi :)

im buying an uber gaming rig pretty soon,
this is what it will be:

Monitor: 19'' CRT
Mobo: asus a8n-sli premium
Cpu: san diego 4000+
Gpu: Geforce 7800 ultra 512mb (when it comes out)
Memory: 2x1gig's of OCZ PC-4000 1024MB Gold Edition
sound: Audigy 2 ZS
and 2 harddisks

NOW, what PSU will i need? how many watt do u think this will use? :confused:
i was thinking about the Cooler Master Real Power 450 watt .
because it seems to be a silent and cool PSU.

ty

The OCZ PowerStream 520W sounds good to me, will it even handle 7800 ultra 512 mb in sli? or maybe i will buy a physics card later.
so do u think this one is future proof?

thanks again :p

Floppor said:
The OCZ PowerStream 520W sounds good to me, will it even handle 7800 ultra 512 mb in sli? or maybe i will buy a physics card later.
so do u think this one is future proof?

thanks again :p
Anandtech used it for all of their SLI testing when the super-power-hungry 6800GT/U's first came out.

IMO, it is the 2nd best PC PSU available, the PC P&C 510 Express/SLI being #1 for $219.

Dave

davidhammock200 said:
Anandtech used it for all of their SLI testing when the super-power-hungry 6800GT/U's first came out.

IMO, it is the 2nd best PC PSU available, the PC P&C 510 Express/SLI being #1 for $219.

Dave

kinda a side question but I know the P&C 510 is atx12v 2.2 but do you know if there are any others.

I was going to get the seasonic s12 but its only 2.0. Should I not worry about this? Even if it really doesn't matter I'd like to know what other psu's comply with 2.2

J'Tok said:
OCZ offers 2 flavors of SLi PSU........a 520W and a 600W
I definately recommend an OCZ PSU

so do u think a 520W OCZ is enough for the rig i will buy? :confused:
then i will get that one.

The Seasonic S12 500 watt A02 is nice. I have one myself and it powers my main rig, which is pretty decent. It also has an 8 pin connector for use on newer boards such as the DFI extreme or whatever it's called.

davidhammock200 said:
The PC P&C is NOT ATX12V2.02!

It has ATX12V2.02 Compatibility: http://www.pcpowercooling.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T51SLI&view=techspecs

This is not something to worry about! ;)

In fact, full compliance with ATX12V 2.xx requires dual +12V rails. So, although the PCP&C is ATX12V 2.xx-compatible, it is not fully compliant due to its use of a single +12V rail. (It has a strong single +12V rail, though.) However, it is one of the best PSUs for Intel CPU overclocking.

By the way, congratulations to the OP on the OCZ PowerStream 520W! :D

Back