what psu for current computer and future upgrade

w4x

n00b
Joined
Aug 29, 2005
Messages
48
Hey guys, I needed to swap out my current psu: ultra xconnect 500w to put into an older system because the generic one died. (I know its ultra, don't want to make the same mistake again).

I wanted something quite and efficient with stable rails, so I was going to get one of the Antec HE 500 or 550s but after reading about the problems on the forums, I'm not so sure anymore. I was also considering the Enermax Liberty 500 but I read that these are not as efficient as the Antec HEs. Same deal with the OCZs. PCP&C are out of the question because they're hard to get in Canada and too expensive for my liking. I want to spend no more than $100-120 US.

I need something that will be good on my current system and also have enough juice for an upgraded system in a few months.

Here is the current system
P4 3.0E prescott
MSI 865PE Neo2-FIS2R
ATI X800XL stock
ATI Theatre Elite
OCZ Gold VX EL PC3200 2X512MB
WD SE 80GB IDE
WD SE 250GB IDE
LG DVD-rom
LG DVDRW
X-fi Fatality
z680
2005FWP

Upgrade in a month to two months to:
Opy 165
RD580 board, hopefully no SB450
x1900xt with potential of crossfire
ATI theatre Elite
same ram, maybe up to a 2gb set
2xWD RE 250 or 320, still undecided
keep rest of setup

Any suggestions? I'm not too familiar with the other brands like fortron, seasonic

Thanks
 
Spectre said:
I would look at the Enermax Liberty and the Seasonic S-12's.

Considering Enermax's backstage price fixing (check clubit deal thread)...

Seasonic S12, gets my vote

 
Back
Top