• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What PSU for 6990?

cesium666

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Mar 19, 2006
Messages
4,529
Thinking about going from my 5850 to a 6990. Rig is in sig, but will recap below:

Intel Core i7 920 @ 3.8GHz
Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P
6GB Corsair PC3-12800
640GB+2x1TB+2x2TB HDDs
120GB G.Skill SSD
XFX 5850 @ 975/1200
Four 120mm fans

Right now I have a corsair HX620. I'm assuming that it won't be enough to run the 6990, so I'm looking for the next logical step up.

I'd much rather not dish out for a 1000W PSU, so would something like the HX750W work fine? At $130 it doesn't break the bank, and the 80% Silver cert is always nice.
 
HX750 is fine for your system with the 6990 overclocked to its limits. I would look at the XFX power supplies, as they tend to be cheaper than the Corsair HX series while being as good.
 
Back
Top