What Programming Language to write Hardware driver for Creative X-Fi

I'm using a dual boot setup on a Gigabyte 6PXSV4 motherboard with a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Champion Series sound card, but Ubuntu Linux doesn't have a driver that supports it as far as I can tell. I downloaded a driver package from creative, but it's missing the driver and when I contacted creative they responded saying we don't support Linux.

Now my only choice is to somehow right my own driver for it just like many people in the Linux community have done before me. What programming language should I wright the driver in though. I'm thinking Assembly because it's typically meant for that, but can I wright it in C or C++ though. I already know C++ and I guess C, but I've never written drivers for anything with it and don't know if it's possible. Also if it is possible to wright the driver in C or C++ the driver would be portable and might have a better chance of running on different hardware and operating systems. What should I do?

Buy a different sound card?
Seriously, if you have to ask something as basic as what language to use, you probably shouldn't writing drivers.

Who else makes a decent sound card besides HT Omega, Asus, and Creative because none of them support Linux?

I'm using a dual boot setup on a Gigabyte 6PXSV4 motherboard with a Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Champion Series sound card, but Ubuntu Linux doesn't have a driver that supports it as far as I can tell. I downloaded a driver package from creative, but it's missing the driver and when I contacted creative they responded saying we don't support Linux.

Now my only choice is to somehow right my own driver for it just like many people in the Linux community have done before me. What programming language should I wright the driver in though. I'm thinking Assembly because it's typically meant for that, but can I wright it in C or C++ though. I already know C++ and I guess C, but I've never written drivers for anything with it and don't know if it's possible. Also if it is possible to wright the driver in C or C++ the driver would be portable and might have a better chance of running on different hardware and operating systems. What should I do?

Nevermind, all I had to do was turn up the volume, but occasionally the default driver or whatever does act up causing distortion.

Buy a different sound card?
Seriously, if you have to ask something as basic as what language to use, you probably shouldn't writing drivers.

Yea yea it's probably assembly any way and maybe a little C if I'm right, which I pretty much know now and if my reply isn't considered thread neckroing. It wasn't necessary to wright drivers for Linux or Ubuntu anyway because all I had to do was turn the software volume control up for whatever reason.

Back