what program can i use to remove regional codeing off DVDs?

chronic9

Supreme [H]ardness
I cant seem to figure out how to do it with dvdshrink. does anyone else have a different app. that i can use?

dvd shrink is what i always use, you have to couple it with nero. But other than that, i guess dvd decrypter would be the 2nd best option

can u tell me how u do it? i use both of those and i still cant get it, maybe i just dont see an option or somethin?

Makave7i Tha Don said:
dvd shrink is what i always use, you have to couple it with nero. But other than that, i guess dvd decrypter would be the 2nd best option

I have not done it with DVD Shrink, but with DVD Decrypter...

Tools -> IFO -> Region Patch -> select Region Free.
Now it will ask you for a directory, point it to the directory where the dvd files were ripped to.

DVD Decrypter

of course the official site is now closed
so you have to hunt

wow, they took down dvddecryptor!!!! thats too bad. good thing i dled the latest version last week. i hope they make another site.

It's very simple with DVD Shrink. After you click the "Backup!" button a "Backup DVD" window opens, on the tab conveniently labeled "DVD Region" check the "Region Free" check box.

i tried that the other day on 1 of the russian DVDs that i got. and it didnt work, ill try the dvd decryptor way tonight.

Fenris said:
It's very simple with DVD Shrink. After you click the "Backup!" button a "Backup DVD" window opens, on the tab conveniently labeled "DVD Region" check the "Region Free" check box.

I usually rip with DVD Decrypter, recode with DVD Shrink, then burn with Decrypter. It may be a few extra (unnecessary) steps, but it works for me every time.

I think you might also try running Slysoft's AnyDVD. It's actually intended to correct the region for your own DVD player software in windows, but, I think that means the resulting data, when ripped, would still be the correct region.

Back