What processor will you be getting come July?

What processor(s) will you be getting?

  • E6700

    Votes: 30 13.7%
  • E6600

    Votes: 120 54.8%
  • E6400

    Votes: 21 9.6%
  • E6300

    Votes: 10 4.6%
  • Other Intel

    Votes: 14 6.4%
  • AMD AM2

    Votes: 11 5.0%
  • I won't.

    Votes: 42 19.2%

  • Total voters
    219
let's not start a war, and nonsense don't post unless you have something good/unbiased/related to say
 
I chose "Other Intel" because I'm waiting for Kentsfield, it's basically a 4-core version of Conroe :eek:
 
InorganicMatter said:
Your right, just mark him and move on.
just remember the nonsense he said once you get Conroe in your hands :)

anyways, i'm exciteddd! i miss my computer real bad, lol - been going to library/school for computer needs!!!
 
rox1co said:
i'm down a cpu, mobo, ram :(

i will also need a new GPU ... so shh!!!

~300 for cpu, ~120 for mobo, ~150 for ram - X1800XT 512mb ~230

ouch
$120 for mobo? I wish - it looks like they'll be a lot more expensive thn $120.
 
Brahmzy said:
$120 for mobo? I wish - it looks like they'll be a lot more expensive thn $120.
I doubt you wont be able to find a board for $120. Sure, maybe not top of the line... but I just picked up an i955X board for $90... surely there will be some 965 boards around $120ish.
 
I'm still trying to decide if the speed bump between the 6600 and 6700 is worth it for the money. I just don't feel like fiddling around overclocking for a little while. I need a break :)
 
I had allowed soemthing around $500 for a new processor in my new machine, so I will likely be getting the 6700. That said, I may put some more money toward a second machine, in which case I will drop it down to the 6600.

EDIT: Just checked what the 6700 is actually going for. $600 is too much for me, mark me up for a 6600 (along with almost everyone else lol)
 
I'm going on the safe side and wait for a few revisions before dishing out cash.
 
Back
Top