• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What PC games actually support digital DTS?

RangerXML

Supreme [H]ardness
2FA
Joined
Apr 16, 2006
Messages
6,408
I'm really getting miffed at buying games (BFBC2/MW2, most blatant examples) that support DTS on the consoles, but the only surround I can get on the PC is analog 5.1. Seriously, WTF?!? What are some games that support DTS surround on the PC?
 
As far as I know it's up to your sound-card, not game devs. DTS connect is what you're after, some sound-cards support it and some don't. I imagine it's the higher-end cards that do support it. As far as I know there's no software emulation option, but if anyone knows different I'd love to hear about it.
 
Yeah, what sound card are you using? My HTOMEGA striker over optical gives me DTS all the time. COD4, 5, MW2, BFBC2.... pretty much anything with surround support... sounds nice ;-)
 
X-Fi Platinum, blu-rays work fine, but games just come out stereo. When I googled it, I read on a couple of forums that people have the same problem as me and I came across something from Doulby that said that MW2 only supported digital surround on the xbox 360 and PS3.
 
I'm not aware of ANY PC games that support it. Really sucks because I don't feel like buying analog cables to hook my 5.1 up ONLY for gaming. A sound card with DDL (Dolby Digital Live) is what you're looking for. I don't want to pay for one or those either.
 
X-Fi Platinum, blu-rays work fine, but games just come out stereo.

S/PDIF output supports only 2 channels without encoding. The encoding part comes from DDL or DTS encoder. You may need to buy it for your X-Fi card for like 5 bucks.
Without encoding you can only get 5.1 channels with pre-encoded DVD/Blu-Ray audio streams.
 
5.1/7.1 Analog cables are cheap. 3-4x 3.5mm to rca Y cables will do the job.
 
Great, pay more money to enjoy games in DTS, not gonna happen, atleast movies work. Analog 5.1 working great, I got a z5500, so no need to worry about Y-adapter to RCA. Just very annoying.

For reference, where can I buy the DTS encoder?
 
Wow Creative is still pulling this bullshit? Selling software patches for things the sound card can already do? I think it was selling a software patch to get some kind of sound effects working back when Vista first came out too. What a shitty company.
 
Wow Creative is still pulling this bullshit? Selling software patches for things the sound card can already do? I think it was selling a software patch to get some kind of sound effects working back when Vista first came out too. What a shitty company.

Yup, Alchemy and it didn't work worth shit.
 
No games (Pc Games) have audio encoded in DTS. The only way to do it is with a DTS connect card sadly. Hopefully someday.
 
Wow Creative is still pulling this bullshit? Selling software patches for things the sound card can already do? I think it was selling a software patch to get some kind of sound effects working back when Vista first came out too. What a shitty company.

?

You have to pay to use a license for DTS and DD. Some creative cards didnt come with the license in the box.. Some cards did. So based on customer feedback. They added this for people who never bought it in the first place and didn't want to rebuy a card. And here you are.. Bashing them when they did something right.
 
Back
Top