What PC game have you tried to get into multiple times but just can't?

Oblivion....I never made it past the first Oblivion gate thingamajig

Stalker had me going until I got to the bar owner. I haven't played it in like a few weeks though. It just seems dull overall. Plus you can't have the game look nice whilst using AF or AA :mad:

For me it's been any GTA game. I start the game, do a few missions and get totally bored, because it's always the same thing. I the end, I usually find myself, using cheats to get the most powerful vehicle and start upping my "most wanted" level and see if I can get the army to chase me.

Obvilion and Morrowind. I don't even know why I bought Obvilion after I tried and failed hundreds of times to like Morrowind. I love RPGs but there's something about these games that just don't seem fun for me.

Almost every freaking game nowadays..

Maybe im getting old or i have ADHD or something, but i just cant concentrate on any game for too long. And this really pisses me off.

Of are current games just sucky? :p

Last games i tried were Resident Evil 4 and PES6. RE was ok, but damn i never like using a pad in a shooter. And PES was ok too, but i just cant seem to figure out how to play it properly. I always lose. :D

In general MMORPGs... I can get into most FPSs..
and I am the exact opposite of Blazestorm.

As much as I'd like to be able to play HL2, CS:S, et al., I just can't. After about 15 minutes of play, I start getting sick to my stomach and develop a headache. It has to be related to how fast the action is on the screen. However, I've only played on CRTs and haven't tried a good LCD yet so maybe that would help. I'm willing to try almost anything as I'd really like to play some of these games and participate in LAN parties.

So for now, all I play are MMORPGs, Racing Sims, and a couple Third Person Shooters like the Max Payne series.

Farcry, I'd say.

I loved it, right up until I got to the mutant monkey things. From there on, I just lost interest completely in it. Tried to continue on, but... the suspension of disbelief was too hard, for me.

Shellshock nam 67, either retarded lag issues, ancompatibilty with my motherboards sound card and OpenAL. DVD issues 'please inset dvd' etc, annoying half installs, crashes, crashed during installs, uninstalling itself, missing textures, models and scripts, errors (machine guns does 0 damage FTW) things like that.

Shellshock nam 67, either retarded lag issues, ancompatibilty with my motherboards sound card and OpenAL. DVD issues 'please inset dvd' etc, annoying half installs, crashes, crashed during installs, uninstalling itself, missing textures, models and scripts, errors (machine guns does 0 damage FTW) things like that.

I thought that the thread only involved games that you were able to try, just didn't appeal to you.
But if buggy games count too, my top one is Dark Messiah of Might and Magic. I don't understand how this game was released, but it crashed even when it was loading the main menu. Even with the first patch, it was still barely playabale. I can't believe I spent $50 in this POS of game, that was only barely playable when the second patch was released. I'm never going to buy an Arkane Studios game (or whatever their name is) again.

Another vote for Morrowind & Oblivion ... I am a big time RPG lover (finished BG/ BG2/ IWD/ IWD2/ Planescape: Torment/ Diablo II/ Dungeon Siege/ Ultima IV/ Ultima VI/ NWN/ KOTOR). Guess First Person Action RPG is not for me.

Recently I would have to say The Ship on-line (the Source version, haven't played the HL1 version). What I mean by on-line is that the lag is so terrible on damn near all the servers that it's just difficult to get into the game. I had fun running around the freekend looking at all the nice level design, but I would not pay even $15 for it. Haven't tried it in a while, they might've addressed it, but it should not take half a second to open and close doors and personal inventories, zoom the camera view, pick up weapons, etc. (with a gateway ping of 12-15ms FTR). Runner ups would be Far Cry and BF2142.

For me it's been any GTA game. I start the game, do a few missions and get totally bored, because it's always the same thing. I the end, I usually find myself, using cheats to get the most powerful vehicle and start upping my "most wanted" level and see if I can get the army to chase me.

I used to be the exact same way with GTA games until I decided to play Vice City awhile back. I told myself, Ok, everyone says these games kicks ass, so I stuck to it and it got to be a blast once I had a bunch of missions done. I still would go out every once in awhile and use the cheats like you do but it was allot more fun after I got into it.

I gotta add some more into this thread, the more I see other posts -

Black & White. For some reason, I bought B&W, tried many times to get into it, and eventually sold it. Unfortunately, I fell into Peter Molyneux's hype about how the second would be so much better, and well, it was just more of the same pretty much. Shit, that is a whole series I've tried to get into multiple times and it just doesn't appeal to me.

Far Cry - I keep playing up until I get into the boat, and then I just stop. I have no idea why, because it is an awesome game, but I've done this 2 or 3 times now.

Supreme commander, I never could get into this game it just was not interesting to me. Thank god it came free with my e6600 :p

Morrowind and Oblivion

They are just too "big" and slow paced and generally boring in my opinion. Takes forever to get anywhere and combat feels kinda slow paced as well.

I'm really hoping Fallout 3 doesn't adopt any Elder Scrolls characteristics.

Fantastic question by the way!

All time most trys to get into a game has to be Deus Ex, everyone I know loves it and I just could NOT get into it, multiple attempts to play the singleplayer met with failure.

Quake4, (WARNING: Story Spoiler ahead!) no where near to the same degree as Deus Ex, it was a lot of fun leading upto the point where you get turned into Strogg but I just could not play past that, it looked and played great up until that point. I recently uninstalled most games I'd completed or was bored with and Installed JUST Quake4 in an attempt to play it but can't bring myself to even load it up :/

Eve. I really wanted to "get it" because I have fond memories of playing Elite back in the day and Eve is theoretically a MMO Elite, but for some reason it just didn't click for me. You can't go back, I suppose.

Star Craft
4 different times since it came out, friends have tried to convince me that it is a great game. Each of those times, I tried, but never liked it

Morrowind...loved it at first, eventually just kinda wandered until I forgot what the hell the point was. Oddly I am loving Oblivion/Knights/Isles...

Quake 4....really sad after my fond memories of first playing quake with 3d acceleration and even Quake 2 was one of the first games to utilize dedicated 3d in novel ways though it was much less inventive and edgy IMHO....Quake 4, just more of the same...

Unreal 2, Give Me A Break...after the awesome scene in Unreal when you first make your way out of the wreck and are hit with this huge living outdoor scene....what a letdown.

STALKER....I really really want to get into this game!! Oh well. I cant really put my finger on the problem...its, well, gitchy.

The very first Gabriel Knight game...loved it at first...great voice acting...good game, just drifted away, same thing happened with the live action one...ahhh well...maybe I will go back one day, can you ever really go back?

Jagged Alliance 1....I kept comparing it in my mind to this old apple 2 turn based squad level ww2 game...forget the name, the graphics were so simple if I remember right enemy soldiers were swastikas...What was the name of that game? It ruined me for Company of Heroes too which I guess is the next one on my list.

Currently on my second try of supreme commander. It could just be that I suck :)

no one will believe me but WoW.

You're right. I don't believe you. So did you actually pay to play it online and then get bored and quit and then later, pay again just to be disappointed? Because that particular scenario I don't believe. Nobody can be like that....

Played the halos and it wasn't that great for me. Just wasn't up my standards of a good multiplayer action game compared to my pc roots like bf1942 and call of duty with medal of honor and stuff. Couldn't get into final fantasy when i tried it. I was never into massive multiplayer online games until almost now when i played silkroad and a few others. Its only fun when you have friends that play those type of games ;). Halflife 2 was ok but wasn't that great. Never really got into the multiplayer. Halflife 1 was fun though ;). Stalker just wasn't doin it for me. I couldn't get myself to last in it since it was just way too much walking and some how i just died out of nowhere from explosions. Age of empires 3, to me the 3rd one was a let down. Never got into it far at all. Age of empires 2 and 1 was a lot better thats for sure :). 2D was always better in the empires. Wasn't that much of a fanatic for oblivion either. :cool:

Another one for FAR CRY. Don't know what it was about this game but nothing about it was interesting enough to get me into it, and I TRIED more than a few times, even though it looked good and got good reviews and plus I'm a huge FPS fan.

starcraft. bought it twice. thinking about getting it again though. never played beyond the 3rd mission.

Half Life 2, i tried multiple times to get into it which usually ended up with me just ceasing to play after the first few levels. there is just something about the game, it was really boring and makes me dizzy which is weird since i can play any other game nonstop for hours.

I don't like playing the Halo series. I got halo for PC after i played call of duty 1 + its expansion. Call of Duty completely spoiled me. Halo was complete donkey s*** compared to it. Felt like a chore to play.

I tried again for Halo 2 on the xbox, but i played a certain level and it was kind of frame skippy and it made me dizzy, so I quit.

Fallout II. I've been trying to get into this forever for some retro goodness, but it still hasn't hooked me.

NWN and NWN2 (what was I thinking?).

Morrowind. I tried and failed 3 or 4 times with months between each attempt, then on the 5th time, I finally got into it and played for a long time, though I never finished it.

Couldn't get into Myst IV. Too frustrating, and I beat every Myst / Riven game before that. Myst V looks retarded.

Sorry to say this but I was not WoWed. I am just not into and I dont know why. Funny thing is my friends all play it and I still cant get into it. This thread reminded me that I still have an active account and I have been getting charged for 8mo and played only 1 month. I never felt like I new what I was supposed to be doing. To many years of FPS has rotted my brain. I still love kicking ass in Halo PC online.

Nice thread!

I can't think of too many off the top of my head but one that sticks out is Farcry. I've never actually finished that damn game...which is unusual for me because I tend to finish most games even if they aren't that great. Farcry was ok up until the mutants then it just got ridiculous. Granted, the graphics were (are) great but the overall feel and gameplay really killed it for me.

I'm another person that doesn't see the appeal to Starcraft. Maybe it's because I've been playing Warcraft since I was a kid but I could never really sucked in by Starcraft. I never really saw its mass appeal.

On the console side, I never liked Halo. I've played it and tried to like it but I always found it more frustrating and irritating than fun.

<--never played WoW though I don't even want to give it a chance. I spend enough time gaming and I definitely don't want to invest time in an mmorpg.

TOCA Race Driver 2 - I couldn't control certain cars no matter how many times I tried. Gave up in frustration.

CS - Like others I simply found it boring. Although that was when aimbots and wallhacks were rife.

Fallout II. I've been trying to get into this forever for some retro goodness, but it still hasn't hooked me.

NWN and NWN2 (what was I thinking?).

Morrowind. I tried and failed 3 or 4 times with months between each attempt, then on the 5th time, I finally got into it and played for a long time, though I never finished it.

Yea, Morrowind I tried as well and my longest single file was like 60 hours, I might not have did any of the mainquest but it still was fun.

Anyways the game I tried to get into but can't is MotoGP3, tried to learn it for a couple hours, but I would rather play MotoGP2 because they were gay and decided to take out sim mode, and they significantly dumbed down the training exercises, being a real biker and racer wannabe that totally killed the immersion factor.

I however love 2, and am getting back into it again.

I still have to finish Super Paper Mario, I have almost zero drive to play it but once I do I find it amusing, basically only play it while I'm bored, but on the 8th chapter now so I should finish it soon.

Back