• A Great friend to the HardForum with a great kid that he is trying to get a scholorship to continue his schooling. Please give hime a vote! Only 24 hours left! Thanks.
    If you have an VOTE FOR KEENAN!

What OS does everyone use?

What OS does everyone use?


  • Total voters
    62

fenton06

2[H]4U
Joined
Mar 28, 2003
Messages
2,140
I was just curious what everyone uses on their folding machines. I don't think it's very feasable to run XP on every computer.
 
Windows XP on my main machine, my sis's laptop, and my parent's tower, *nix on my other laptop I'm working on getting running again, and *nix on the next few boxen that should be rolling in when I get some work, and marty pays me for that night he drank a bit too much =p
 
When they are back up all of my borg's should be running XP Pro x64 edition.
 
XP and 2K. I do everything in my power to avoid touching 98, ME, 95, 3.11 or DOS. While I've worked in all of them, XP and 2K offer me the least problems.

 
DamienThorn said:
XP and 2K. I do everything in my power to avoid touching 98, ME, 95, 3.11 or DOS. While I've worked in all of them, XP and 2K offer me the least problems.

Reminds me of one time at my college:
Me: "I've got a problem with a network setup for a new machine."
Head of Comp Dep.: "What's the problem?"
Me: "It refuses to communicate with the DHCP server, and yes, DHCP is definetely enabled, and it's going local just fine, it just won't communicate for DHCP."
Head: "What OS is it running?"
Me: "Windows ME."
Head: "That's the problem, Linux will fix it, and it's free."
 
Okay OSs:

Windows:
2000 Server x 1
2003 Server X64 x 1 (dually)
2000 x 4
XP x 7


Linux:
Fedora x 1

 
xp pro. I would like to build a second computer and put linux on it just to play around with it. I had Linspire on my computer before I went to the raid setup. Didn't get to play with it much though.
 
1 x Dos 6.0
2 x Windows 2000 PRO
5 x Windows XP PRO
1 x Mandrake 10.1
1 x IPCop
1 x FoldServer
2 x Fold Clients

I think that's it for now...

 
Back
Top