What net framework should be used for Win7?

Dapperdan

Supreme [H]ardness
What Net Framework should be used for Windows 7? When I look under programs and features I see 1.1. Does 3.5 work for windows 7, cause when I try to install it nothing happens. One of the programs I use for work isnt acting right and our programmer thinks it could be the Framework version Im on.

nm, I see 3.5.1 in turn win features on/off...

If a .Net web app isn't working right, 99% of the time it's because it's incompatible with whatever server side .Net version is being used. Client side should never matter.

Take Windows SharePoint Service 2.0 for example. It only works with .Net 1.1. If you installed 2.0 and higher on the SharePoint server, you would get a "Page cannot be loaded" error on the client side. You'd have to run the regiis -i script to revert it back to .Net 1.1

It was a huge pain in the ass back in the early SharePoint days. Thankfully WSS 3.0 is very version neutral - so far.

It can also be a pain when you're checking out all of the free ASP.Net web apps on hotscripts.com, because a lot of them are tightly tied to specific .Net runtimes.

If a .Net web app isn't working right, 99% of the time it's because it's incompatible with whatever server side .Net version is being used. Client side should never matter.

Take Windows SharePoint Service 2.0 for example. It only works with .Net 1.1. If you installed 2.0 and higher on the SharePoint server, you would get a "Page cannot be loaded" error on the client side. You'd have to run the regiis -i script to revert it back to .Net 1.1

It was a huge pain in the ass back in the early SharePoint days. Thankfully WSS 3.0 is very version neutral - so far.

It can also be a pain when you're checking out all of the free ASP.Net web apps on hotscripts.com, because a lot of them are tightly tied to specific .Net runtimes.

This is true, but I believe the OP is referring to a Windows Desktop Application.
The appropriate version of dot-Net that the application is targeting has to be installed.

What framework version was the app written for? Multiple versions can be installed side-by-side, so if it was written for 1.0 or 2.0 you'd need to install those as well.

Back