What MP3 player do you guys recommend?

J87X

Limp Gawd
I figured I'd ask here since everyone is more knowledgeable about audio quality and hardware. I haven't payed attention to MP3 players for years, I was wondering if there were preferred ones other than popular brands like Zune and Creative. I'm looking for 60gb - 120gb. I don't care if it plays FLAC or not.

if your budget is between 100 - 200 ; the samsung s9 has a
"wow" fm radio tuning mechanism that practically recommends
it. ( Not the one I principally use: which is an iriver e100 with one bad slightly
broken part (from daily use) that I by chance found a workaround for. Most persons
would write the semi-functioning player off, but it
may even be worth buying another (e100) or whatever
replaced it. (in that small capacity, 4g I think)
Disclaimer, I have *only* experience with those two I have mentioned.

Last edited:
Take a look at Cowon / iAudio products. They are very highly regarded by those in the know, though not nearly as popular as the iPod variants for obvious reasons (marketing).

Hi fi man 803 if you want a true audiofile mp3 and got the cash, otherwise if you want one just for music at a good price the Zune HD blows any ipod out of the water music wise.

I know it's not as popular as most but I have the Creative Zen X-Fi 2 64 gb. I wear it mainly when I'm working out. My workouts are very rigorous as I'm a crossfit guru / instructor. It has taken it's fair share of abuse and still continues to rock on.. Pretty happy with it.

I use Ipods since there are hardly any headunits that control other brands of of MP3 players.
My new Kenwood KIV-700 happens to be able to control a Zune, which is cool but I've been using ipods for the past few years now and have acquired 3 of them, a 2GB and 8GB Nano and a 32GB Touch.

im using a 120gb ipod classic and have only used 60gb with 5000 songs

they now have the 160gb classic

Sansa players with Rockbox loaded- plays anything you can load onto it, requires no drivers, tons of skins and functionality.

Back