What mouse pad should I get?

plasma

Gawd
I want sure where to post this, but I want to get a nice gaming mouse pad, and was wondering what everyone recommends?

I was thinking about an Icemat cause I think I will really like the look of it. Does anyone have one? Will it be ok on a glass top desk? I assume that it has grippy rubber feet so it cant slide around.

What else is a good mouse pad?

Besides the Icemat I'm also looking at

-Razer exact mat

-Xtrac

-Thermaltake gamma surface

-Steel Pad - I like the Cyber Sniper one

-Func

-RatPadz

So what do you recommend and why?

Thanks

I've got an Icemat, and I really like it. It has rubber feet to keep it from sliding around. I've also got a pair of Ulti-Mats (teflon coated metal). They're pretty nice, too. Just got the Icemat a few days ago, so I'm still going back and forth on it and the Ulti-Mat to see which one I like better.

love my Icemat. Smooth action. It does have rubber feet for non-slippage. It was loud, though, until I put the teflon tape (which they provide) on my mouse feet.

I checked it the other day and it hasn't worn down as far as I can tell. This was my major reason for purchasing this pad, since I was tired of replacing plastic ratpadz that wore out quickly.

I got the smaller, original version also, and it's plenty large for me. I think those huge versions of mousepads are a huge waste of desk space unless you use your mouse at REALLY low sensitivity.

Mark305TBI said:
I've got an Icemat, and I really like it. It has rubber feet to keep it from sliding around. I've also got a pair of Ulti-Mats (teflon coated metal). They're pretty nice, too. Just got the Icemat a few days ago, so I'm still going back and forth on it and the Ulti-Mat to see which one I like better.

How long have you had the Ulti-Mats? Have you noticed any wear on the surface? Look at the outside corners, then at the area where you usually move your mouse. That's something I haven't tried yet, the teflon coated metal pads. I had concerns about the teflon's longevity, but if they last I might consider grabbing one just to see how it feels.

I have the Icemat 2nd edition in Black, and it's the best mousing surface I've ever used. Easy to clean never wears and it's slick as hell! I use Slick Surf Mouse feet which are hard Teflon feet and it does have a scratchy sound but it's not as loud as some portray it to be. Besides, the Slick Surf pads clean easy and don't get small particles embedded into the feet like the softer pads supplied with the Icemat or that you can buy elsewhere do.

prtzlboy said:
How long have you had the Ulti-Mats? Have you noticed any wear on the surface? Look at the outside corners, then at the area where you usually move your mouse. That's something I haven't tried yet, the teflon coated metal pads. I had concerns about the teflon's longevity, but if they last I might consider grabbing one just to see how it feels.
I've had this one on my desk for 11 months. I can't find any wear.

thanks I think I'll get an icemat mainly because I think it will look good. Has anyone gone from an aluminum pad to a glass one? Is there a difference? Reason I ask is I was also considering this aluminum one

http://www.xoxide.com/flexiglow-cyber-snipa-aluminum-pad.html

Also does anyone know what the surface on these thermaltake pads is?

http://www.xoxide.com/thermaltake-gamma-pad.html

I dont have to get it from xoxide they just have a good selection, but please share if you have a better recommendation:)

I got a free Func 1030 pad at Quakecon last year and it seems to do a real good job, especially when paired with a G7.

Just got my icemat in blue and it rocks why my razer :cool:

Here's what it looks like

31097fg.jpg

Obi_Kwiet said:
A mouse pad it not important to a track ball user. He doesn't even have to move the mouse with a trackball. He's just using it as a arm rest.

LOL :rolleyes:

Did u even read the review.

I think I know(as well as everyone here), that a trackball doesnt make use of a mouse pad.

:p

Sure he used it as a padded comfort device....but its also a HUGE mousing surface. ;)

Func Archetype. I have the Func Archetype MBA that I'm using with a G7 and have used with a Razer Copperhead. Its great. I also have the original Func 1030 pad but want something just a little larger.

The Func U-series also comes 11x17 if you want larger.

http://www.func.net/

I love my Everglide Ricochet 2.52. With some mouse skates it's like butta baby.

So do you want to look at it,eat off it or play games????

Get a RatzPad.

(but I must say I like that giant desk top thing.)

The eXactMat and the fUncpad are very, very similar in terms of performance. You can't go wrong with either one.

I just picked up this Cyber Snipa pad for $20.00 at Fry's to go along with my new G7 :cool: The pad is great, it's made out of aluminium and is super slick.
100_1709.jpg

100_1712.jpg

And because I need to show it off...the black G7 :cool:
100_1706.jpg

That looks like a nice one stryder. I almost got the same one, but opted for the icemat because I didnt think i could stand seeing the word "snipA" everytime I use my computer :p

plasma said:
That looks like a nice one stryder. I almost got the same one, but opted for the icemat because I didnt think i could stand seeing the word "snipA" everytime I use my computer :p
How about Cyber Gangsta? :D

foofighter06 said:
If u have the desk to do it.

I'd get this.
deskpads18.jpg

(guy in the pick has a track ball....but u get the idea)

Corepad XXXL Deskpad
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16826998001

23bones at the egg.

Here's a review.
http://www.virtual-hideout.net/articles/deskpad_comparison/index.shtml

i can't decide between the corepad XXXL or the other one in that review .. i dont mind the extra money .. the other one doesnt have that rounded edge in the lower right hand corner ..

which do u guys like more ??

since im using a razer mantis rightnow .. it takes up alot of space .. this would actually be better having the keyboard and mouse on it

Daggah said:
Why even use a mouse pad, exactly? My desk works just fine.

Typically its one of the following:

Optical mice don't work on glass desks.
Optical mice track poorly or not at all on some types of wood finishes as well.
You can scratch the finish on your desk without a mousepad.
Some mousepads let the mouse glide smoother.

squeezee said:
Typically its one of the following:

Optical mice don't work on glass desks.

You got it. I have a clear glass desk and a razer which doesn't work

stryder2720 said:
I just picked up this Cyber Snipa pad for $20.00 at Fry's to go along with my new G7 :cool: The pad is great, it's made out of aluminium and is super slick.
100_1709.jpg

100_1712.jpg

And because I need to show it off...the black G7 :cool:
100_1706.jpg

That thing is an eXactMat CLONE. It's even got the same shape.

For what it's worth...I was have been using a Ratpadz and I have been happy with it for the most part with the exception of how quickly it seem's to wear, and the overall cost (face it, it's a simple piece of plastic). :mad: .
I was at IKEA the other day :rolleyes: and was walking thru the isles when I saw a cutting board that looked very similar to the RATPADZ surface. A brainstrom hit :eek: I could try this as a mouse pad! LOL And for only $1.99 :D
To my amazement it works AWESOME..well so far. The size it quite large. But it sould be very easy to trim to a proper shape and size! The thickness of it is very close to the RATPADZ surface.
So this ends my search for my new mouse pad. And keeps my wallet a little heavier. When I get a chance I will U/L a picture. I took a look on the website and had no luck finding it.

Back