What mouse pad B 4 you?

s10010001

Supreme [H]ardness
soooo I have a RatpadGS and it wearing out... (flat spots that seem to grip mouse...) Im looking for a replacement...

What is your favorite mouse pad or gammign surface? Why? Where? How much?

PS: the orignal RatpadGS is not out of the question, just looking thru my options..

For me, I am using the XTrac Hybrid, but I also have the ripper XL. Both have a great feel, but I like the hybrid a little more. I really enjoy the large xtra large size of the ripper, and wish the hybrid came in that size.

I was contemplating making a switch to Corepad Magna, or the XXXL, but I will see one this weekend and make that decision.

lol, I use a trackball so I don't really need a mouse pad. I do use one though. The one I have has one of those gel filled pads to rest my wrist on. I find it very comfortable, especially when I'm gaming.

i use an amd pad that came with a t-shirt i bought off ebay

BioPort said:
icemat rev2

(just make sure you upgrade your mouse firmware)

I am still using my the rev1, been almost 6 years now. Hell I was still using my original boomslang 2000 til last year.

Fatpad. I happen to have the fatal1ty one from thinkgeek.com. Fatpads are a must if you play BF2 and fly, theyre so big you have plenty of room to drag the mouse, this thing is like 1.5'x2'...

I had the same question. I use a Razer Copperhead mouse. I love it. But I was wondering if a different mouse pad can actually improve my precision or if all the marketing behind mouse-pads is just a crock.

My main game is BF2 and long range sniping is still a little jerky for me. I have on-the-fly sensitivity adjustment which is a wonderful option. I turn it down in certain circumstances to improve my accuracy.

If any gaming or mousing experts believe a different mouse-pad can increase precision then I'll probably upgrade. I've been coveting the Mantis from Razer:

http://www.razerzone.com/Products/Gaming-Surfaces/Razer-Mantis/#Frame3

Brian

I have the exactMat+exactRest and a copperhead, the exactMat won't fit on this crap thing where my pc is standing on, so I'll have to wait to get a new desk before I can use it, I have tried it for a little while and it's a lot nicer then the cheap pad I'm using now.

Steelpad makes the best mouse pads in the industry. I'd check out the QCK(+) if you're into cloth or the S&S if you want a hard surface. The 5L is a great "inbetween" pad. I've never played on a better surface. Just check out the hundreds of reviews for their products. You won't be disappointed.

I'm using a BansheePad. Similar to the SteelPad, its just a finely surfaced aluminum slab, anodized black. It works very well with the G5 mouse. I even got my "name" etched onto it.

Func 1030 is amazing with my mx518

alienware sent it to me for free as a giveaway at a LAN i was hosting, i ended up holding onto it ;)

Some $.99 pad I got a Wal-Mart... Belkin, I think it was. It works fine with my MX518.

Func 1030 Archetype. This pad is freakin' ridiculous. My mouse literally had an orgasm the minute it touched the fine grained side.

I use a Func 1030 with a MX 510, a perfect combination imo. The mouse still glides as good as when I bought it a few years ago. I'm a low-sens player so i could use a larger mousepad but I got used to it's size. :)

It seems that laser mouses like the G5 are more picky when it comes to mousepads. What mousepads have people had good luck with laser mouses?

b18turbo said:
The Steelpad QCK look pretty good on newegg. Anyone had expereince with them?

Amazing mouse pad for the money. I'm starting to use it more than the S&S and everything is great about it. You don't have to worry about the surface wearing down, can be rolled for easy transportation, excellent tracking (lazer mice work perfectly with it), doesn't move around on your desk and smooth. The QCK is great if you don't have a lot of area to use for a mouse pad, but if you can sacrifice it, the QCK+ is a better pick. :) (The QCK+ Heavy will be released in July, it's the same as the QCK+, but thicker so it will be a more even surface on a bumpy surface)

b18turbo said:
It seems that laser mouses like the G5 are more picky when it comes to mousepads. What mousepads have people had good luck with laser mouses?

Cloth pads will have best results with a lazer mouse (Like the QCK+, 5L or Mantis pad). I used my Copperhead on the S&S (with updated firmware) and it was fine for the most part except if I moved it very quickly.

Back