What modding, if any, is needed to put a CLC in this case?

dangfx

Gawd
Hello,
The E-MINI E-D5S (A-D5S) says it takes a 120mm fan (on the top of the case). Is it possible to use a 120mm CLC with this case? If not, what would be needed in order to do so?

No one?
I have gotten some conflicting information, both from online sources and from the manufacturer reps themselves (one said it wasn't likely possible, one said it should be no problem).
The mobo is an Asus ROG Maximus VIII Gene, i5-6600K, XFX P1-650X-CAH9 650W ATX PSU.
Any thoughts?

I still don't understand why you're fixated on that case, despite it being nothing special. It's beginning to sound like a broken record.

Nobody is going to be able to help you with modding because you're braving this train alone. So either learn Chinese and go ask them directly, or go find a case actually used by Americans?

seriously, why are we going through this again. the thinnest radiator available is 27mm. if you pair it with the thinnest aftermarket 120 fan (approx 15mm) your total cooling solution thickness is 42mm. you WILL bump into the atx power supply. your only option is to mount the fan on top of the case to pull air off of the radiator inside the chassis. i would dremel off the grill to remove any restriction.

It certainly looks like you could fit one in the bottom HDD area, if you sacrificed 2 of the 3 2.5" bays.

Back