• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What mobo to get?

Chrono13X

Weaksauce
Joined
Sep 8, 2002
Messages
65
greeting folks,

I'm one of the lucky Christmas giveaway winners of 1 Gig [H] Edition Crosair PC3200LLPRO (2-2-2-5) DDR modules and stuck on what mobo to pair up with. I'm leaning towards the IC7-MAXIII but was curious as to what you guy think or recommend.

I'm currently running an old Gigabyte 8IHXP with 512MB of PC1066. I had no intention to upgrade until later on this summer, but the 1 Gig is just too good to leave laying around until then. I ran into some $$$ this Christmas and wish to upgrade mobo in order to use the RAM, though I would like to transfer over:

P4 2.8 (533FSB)
ATI 9700PRO (1.3 Rev.)
Seagate Cheetha 15k 36.7 Gig HD(gen. 2)
WD 120 SE HD
SB Audigy 2

I see no need to upgrade either of those and will as I see fit. Being new to the DDR scene set me back a bit. Trying to understand how it works. Ratio and timing.

So what do you guys suggest?
 
I guess you've probably already gone and bought your motherboard. But if you've waited or if you're planning on buying a new one in the future, I say you should probably go with a DFI motherboard. They are a very fast growing company with awesome gaming motherboards and they come with lots of extra goodies.

...Dan
 
Back
Top