What mobo to get?

Chrono13X

Weaksauce
greeting folks,

I'm one of the lucky Christmas giveaway winners of 1 Gig [H] Edition Crosair PC3200LLPRO (2-2-2-5) DDR modules and stuck on what mobo to pair up with. I'm leaning towards the IC7-MAXIII but was curious as to what you guy think or recommend.

I'm currently running an old Gigabyte 8IHXP with 512MB of PC1066. I had no intention to upgrade until later on this summer, but the 1 Gig is just too good to leave laying around until then. I ran into some $$$ this Christmas and wish to upgrade mobo in order to use the RAM, though I would like to transfer over:

P4 2.8 (533FSB)
ATI 9700PRO (1.3 Rev.)
Seagate Cheetha 15k 36.7 Gig HD(gen. 2)
WD 120 SE HD
SB Audigy 2

I see no need to upgrade either of those and will as I see fit. Being new to the DDR scene set me back a bit. Trying to understand how it works. Ratio and timing.

So what do you guys suggest?

I guess you've probably already gone and bought your motherboard. But if you've waited or if you're planning on buying a new one in the future, I say you should probably go with a DFI motherboard. They are a very fast growing company with awesome gaming motherboards and they come with lots of extra goodies.

...Dan

Back