what mining pool?

TMCM

[H]ard|Gawd
Looking through my bookmarks and most of my "crypto" book marks are dead. I used to use hashcows back in '13-'14 to mine but looks like they are no longer around. What mining pool do you recommend these days?

Currently only have my gtx970.... considering building a little GPU mining rig. back in the day I used to mine at hashcows with my xfired 7870s. that pool would pretty much just mine whatever coin was most profitable and convert to BTC at the end of the day/week. It was nice because it was a "set it and forget it" setup

lyra2rev2 runs great on a 970(that's what I have) try to find something with that algo.
If you do find something let us know, user friendly seems to have gone out the window with mining these days.
nicehash was nice because I didn't have to relearn everything.

I was mining in '12-'13 with a bunch of 7870s that were in customer builds. It was a lot of fun.

Reactions: TMCM
like this
might pick up a couple of RX480s and toss them in my old phenom 2 rig

Couple options are ethminer and vertcoin but I haven’t done much research on either... I got two rigs running ethminer looking like about a weekly payout in Ethereum

Nanopool has been reliable, aside from an ETH payout delay supposedly necessitated by CryptoKitties.
Did eventually get my ETH, but was too late to sell for optimum price. Just have to wait for next peak...
Having given up ETH as a lost cause, I've begun mining Electronium(ETN) on the new Nanopool beta.
https://etn.nanopool.org

Mines exactly the same as XMR, so is not clear to me how or why the two coins are different?
Whattomine said ETN was by far my most profitable coin. So for at least one pay cycle, I have
comitted to give it a go. But month profit estimate keeps dropping, and soon my be no better
than ETH. Hopefully I get paid a few times before that happens.

I signed up for Cryptopia, to have an ETN wallet and way to exchange ETN for LTC. Then plan
to move LTC to Coinbase for cashout. Cryptopia is in Newzealand? I'm not sure if a US citizen
allowed to cash out there, so not going to try. May be pushing luck just changing ETN to LTC.
Then again, who knows where the hell is Shapeshift? Coinbase don't support but three coins.

By end of year I hope to empty all wallets through one measurable chokepoint.
Coinbase to CapitalOne. Don't know that will simplify taxation or not, but hoping it might.
I have no intention to hold any coins as an investment. As I'm nowhere near my home
power limit, investing in GPUs to mine even more coins makes slightly better sense.

etn.nanopool doesn't recommend or say how to configure the new unified xmr-stak.
But thats what I'm using, and so far appears to work. etn.nanopool sais OK to mine
to an exchange wallet with payment ID, Cryptopia sais don't. Until my first actual ETN
pay cycle goes through or fails, won't really know. 2 days to go before my 1st payout.

Last edited:
Nanopool has been reliable, aside from an ETH payout delay supposedly necessitated by CryptoKitties.
Did eventually get my ETH, but was too late to sell for optimum price. Just have to wait for next peak...
Having given up ETH as a lost cause, I've begun mining Electronium(ETN) on the new Nanopool beta.
https://etn.nanopool.org

Mines exactly the same as XMR, so is not clear to me how or why the two coins are different?
Whattomine said ETN was by far my most profitable coin. So for at least one pay cycle, I have
comitted to give it a go. But month profit estimate keeps dropping, and soon my be no better
than ETH. Hopefully I get paid a few times before that happens.

I signed up for Cryptopia, to have an ETN wallet and way to exchange ETN for LTC. Then plan
to move LTC to Coinbase for cashout. Cryptopia is in Newzealand? I'm not sure if a US citizen
allowed to cash out there, so not going to try. May be pushing luck just changing ETN to LTC.
Then again, who knows where the hell is Shapeshift? Coinbase don't support but three coins.

By end of year I hope to empty all wallets through one measurable chokepoint.
Coinbase to CapitalOne. Don't know that will simplify taxation or not, but hoping it might.
I have no intention to hold any coins as an investment. As I'm nowhere near my home
power limit, investing in GPUs to mine even more coins makes slightly better sense.

etn.nanopool doesn't recommend or say how to configure the new unified xmr-stak.
But thats what I'm using, and so far appears to work. etn.nanopool sais OK to mine
to an exchange wallet with payment ID, Cryptopia sais don't. Until my first actual ETN
pay cycle goes through or fails, won't really know. 2 days to go before my 1st payout.
I grabbed a paper wallet and imported it to the CLI. I have over 1000 ETN now and will be holding onto it till it reaches a real exchange. It does seem to have a decent marketing team behind it while XMR has good tech is shit for presentation. I'd be very happy if the tech behind XMR had proper marketing and mobile friendliness. The tech has been solid. I'm considering cashing half of whatever I mine out. Presently GPU prices are shit so I'm not investing more in GPU's. I'll wait until I see GPU's at good prices and then I'll cash some more out. This year buying coins has been the far superior investment option over buying GPU's.

Zpool / HashRefinery / MiningHubPool are my current active set right now.

Zpool / HashRefinery convert to BTC using Bitstamp.

MiningHubPool converts to BTC using Coinbase.

Last edited:
Nanopool ETN free beta is over.
Mining pool fee now 2%. Payout comission now 0.01ETN.

Since I mined most of this payment during the "free" period,
does 2% count against entire payout, or only later shares?

It was dirty pool to launch a "free" beta without stating they
would suddenly raise fees right before the first few people
who jumped in could reach a payout.

Nanopool ETN free beta is over.
Mining pool fee now 2%. Payout comission now 0.01ETN.

Since I mined most of this payment during the "free" period,
does 2% count against entire payout, or only later shares?

It was dirty pool to launch a "free" beta without stating they
would suddenly raise fees right before the first few people
who jumped in could reach a payout.
couldn't be free forever? if you look payouts to your "account" are being done constantly. Its easy to use the same calculation that is adding htat balance to just skim the 2% at that point.

Have plenty of shares, both before and after 2%.
But no payouts yet. Which are you talking about?

More to point, from which haunch do surprise fees
preferably scrape? Whichever yields more bacon?

Unless there is foul play to remedy, rule changes
should not affect honest prior work held hostage.
Warn in advance, pay up, then change the rule.

---

500ETN is a moving target that keeps getting
more difficult. Seemed quite reasonable at first.

Starting at 0%, payment was only 2 days away.
Now a week later at 80%, and fees tacked-on,
still 2 days away. I predict yet another week...

Won't have wasted my time, but also no getting
ahead this way. Count your fingers and toes.

Last edited:
not payments specifically but look at your "balance" with them. Thats what I meant by payments. I only have a small chunk of power at them. my balance is at 650 ETN. didn't really take long. I didn't really pay attention when I switched power over to them but apparently you have to add your email address to every single miner you have on that in order to change the default 1000ETN payout. I haven't pointed each machine back to it yet to get enough credit to be able to use my email to drop the payout down to 500. I should probably just use my vega rig and rename it to each miner and get the worker score high enough to actually switch it.

Back