• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What memory for my laptop?

Stankia

n00b
Joined
Sep 29, 2006
Messages
23
Hi, so I have this HP laptop with a Intel Core Duo CPU (533FSB) and only 512MB of RAM. I wanna get 2GB (1GBx2) RAM and don't know what speed should I get. Can I put DDR2 800 on the laptop if it has 533FSB?
 
No point in putting in 800, but just go for 4GB, why not?

I just dropped 4GB of DDR2 667 in my macbook pro for $80 at microcenter, newegg has similar prices.
 
You can put in anything higher than DDR2-533 RAM, although generally the most common speed is DDR2-667(PC2-5300 or PC2-5400). Brand-wise it doesn't really matter, although personally I suggest you go for a brand with a good warranty. I recently picked up 2x1GB Buffalo DDR2-667 RAM for my laptop, which has a limited lifetime warranty so I'm basically covered if the RAM ever dies(not that I expect it to). Basically, anything goes.
 
Back
Top