What May Be The Last Nokia Phone Costs Only $37

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
Microsoft had two surprises earlier this week: one, that it was still making Nokia phones, and two, that it cost under $50. While this will officially only be available in India, there should be plenty of ways for collectors to get their hands on what could be the last Nokia device.

The Nokia 216 packs a 2.4-inch display with a 320 x 240-pixel resolution. It offers just 16MB of RAM, expandable storage, Bluetooth, and a swappable 1020mAh battery that promises 18 hours of talk time. Microsoft also included a pair of 0.3-megapixel cameras with flash in front and back. The device runs Nokia’s Series 30 software. You also get the Opera Mini Browser and the Opera Mobile Store, which offers access to Facebook along with other apps and mobile games. The design looks like a classic Nokia candy bar with a physical keypad. It comes in black, gray or light blue with a plastic frame and a rear-facing speaker.

Collectors? Do people collect Nokia phones?
cell_phones.jpg

Looks fairly identical to the Nokia 208 I got last year for secondary phone. Except IIRC it was under 30 euros

I'm honestly going to buy one these simply for a cheap voip / cell phone for CL sales and other crap where I don't want them to call me back. This is going to be a big hit internationally with the dual sim feature and affordable price.

*takes off hat for what was once a great company*

Alright, who necro'ed this thread?

Clearly we are talking about a press release from 2006 or so right? RIGHT?!?!?

I might actually buy this phone. If it's anything like the old 3310 it'll be an excellent PHONE.

Reactions: N4CR
like this
Alright, who necro'ed this thread?

Clearly we are talking about a press release from 2006 or so right? RIGHT?!?!?

Hey, I am still using a dumb phone. Not everyone has a use for "apps". Also not interested in blinding my sensors with noise when I am outside, that's fairly dangerous.

lulz MS ruined Windows and Nokia with the same failed plan.

Back