• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What mac program for windows programs?

topslop1

2[H]4U
Joined
Apr 15, 2002
Messages
3,185
I don't want to fully install windows under something like boot camp. Is there an option that allows me to install a program under mac which will then allow me to launch and run windows based programs without any kind of Windows in a window box sort of deal?

Or should I just shut up and be asking what the best virtualization program is for Mac? I have the latest maverick and I have a 2011 MBP
 
I believe Parallels 9 is still the best option, it does cost $80 + a windows license though.
 
Your best bet is virtualization, simply because the likelihood is very slim that you'll find anything which would simply run Windows apps without calling on Windows itself. My pick for a virtual machine would be VMware Fusion.
 
Never tried yet but I know you can put apple os on a pc :) I would assume you could just partition your hard drive and install windows on another partition to have the os.
 
Virtualisation vote here too, though it's still effectively an install in a way.
 
Back
Top