I swear, this kinda sh*t only happens to me
As Im getting ready to sit down to do some gaming, from the kitchen, I can hear a noise that sounds like a handful of gravel in a blender. I walk a little closer to my desk and realize its coming from my computer. I try to figure out where the noise is coming from but shut it down to prevent any further damage. I open the case nothing seems to be out of place. I start the computer up and the blender full of gravel starts again except this time two little pieces of plastic fall out of my spanky new BFG 8800GT. After removing the card and giving it a once over it turns out the little stick-on disk that is attached to the center of the fan came loose, got sucked up into the fan, lodged in the heatsink and caused 2 fan blades to shear off. I get the card packed back up and take it to the closest Best Buy. They gladly offer to exchange the card. As I go over to get the last one on the shelf, I arrive just in time to witness 65 Johnny Smacktard drop it from waist-high onto the floor, pick it up and then TOSS it back onto the shelf. Fantastic. So I had to go over to customer service explain what happened, get my card back, have them check stock at the other store and then drive over to get it. Does anyone else have this crap-tastic luck or is it just me???
As Im getting ready to sit down to do some gaming, from the kitchen, I can hear a noise that sounds like a handful of gravel in a blender. I walk a little closer to my desk and realize its coming from my computer. I try to figure out where the noise is coming from but shut it down to prevent any further damage. I open the case nothing seems to be out of place. I start the computer up and the blender full of gravel starts again except this time two little pieces of plastic fall out of my spanky new BFG 8800GT. After removing the card and giving it a once over it turns out the little stick-on disk that is attached to the center of the fan came loose, got sucked up into the fan, lodged in the heatsink and caused 2 fan blades to shear off. I get the card packed back up and take it to the closest Best Buy. They gladly offer to exchange the card. As I go over to get the last one on the shelf, I arrive just in time to witness 65 Johnny Smacktard drop it from waist-high onto the floor, pick it up and then TOSS it back onto the shelf. Fantastic. So I had to go over to customer service explain what happened, get my card back, have them check stock at the other store and then drive over to get it. Does anyone else have this crap-tastic luck or is it just me???