What kind of Voodoo card is it?

Booby McNipples

[H]ard|Gawd
Hey guys,

I just acquired a 3DFX AGP vid card with a sticker on the back that says "V445432". Am I correct in assuming this is a Voodoo 4?

Thanks,
Boob

V445432 VOODOO 4 4500 AGP 32MB 350MHZ

Have you ever used a SEARCH engine?

They do exist, I swear it.

Wow, thanks alot you fucking dicks. For your information I did do a search and got the same results but I was looking for a little re-inforcement from say, someone who knows a bit about Voodoo cards. Instead I get replies from a couple of assholes!

Booby McNipples said:
Wow, thanks alot you fucking dicks. For your information I did do a search and got the same results but I was looking for a little re-inforcement from say, someone who knows a bit about Voodoo cards. Instead I get replies from a couple of assholes!

Agreed. Don't worry about them ;)

ohnnyj said:
It's comments like these that make people feel unwelcome and I don't think that the guys who run this thing want that.

Don't pay any attention to those who say things as such.

Yeah but come on, the first result is a PDF with a table of hardware and their part #'s and its listed in there-- even highlighted when you do view html from Google. But I guess they could have been nicer :)

I was trying to be funny, not an asshole.

I am sorry.

Don't hate me please.

mentok1982 said:
I was trying to be funny, not an asshole.

I am sorry.

Don't hate me please.
It wasn't you so much it is those who seem to think it is necessary to be insulting in order to get their point across. Solving problems and questions in a civilized manner will get you farther than insults.

inotocracy said:
Yeah but come on, the first result is a PDF with a table of hardware and their part #'s and its listed in there-- even highlighted when you do view html from Google. But I guess they could have been nicer :)
Yes, this was my point.

I guess I have a thing againist lazy people.
And if anyone bothered trying to go to the typed link, they would have seen it was a joke. (Both sites, typed and linked, exist)

MeanieMan said:
I guess I have a thing againist lazy people.
And if anyone bothered trying to go to the typed link, they would have seen it was a joke. (Both sites, typed and linked, exist)

I worked a 14-hour shift yesterday and came home fried, asked a simple question here on the forum that immediately received 2 shitty replies and this guy has the nerve to call me "lazy"? Unbelievable. I'm married with 2 kids under the age of 5 working OT so my wife can stay home with kids and not send them to daycare. I'm not some "lazy" idiot that comes here to post stupid questions cause I can't think for myself.

I've been on these forums for about 4 years and never posted until just recently because #1, I've always found the help I needed by searching (even when the [H] search engine was down- I would just scroll through every thread) and #2, I have finally gained enough experience to actually contribute to this forum and give something back.

How someone can work a 14 hour work day is beyond me :eek:

I would make that woman get a job, or be a nanny or something!

I really dont understand why he could not google it myself, but at the same time people need to be kind enough to not only give him the info, but also in a nicer way point out that he could have googled it.

inotocracy said:

Do you have kids? Do you know how much daycare costs? The biggest reason my kids are not in daycare is because I love them too damn much to entrust them to strangers who might abuse them. There have been too many cases of childcare facilites abusing children and in my book, ONCE is too many.

I know that some people don't have that choice (single-parent families) so I consider myself fortunate. If it takes me working OT on a regular basis or even 2 jobs, so be it. My children are worth it.

inotocracy said:

Working 14 hours a day is average for me. Usually 5 days a week. If the day care costs more than the paycheck it is so not worth the effort or taxes. Also as Booby McNipples has stated, daycare isnt always the best place for kids.

Booby McNipples said:
Do you have kids? Do you know how much daycare costs? The biggest reason my kids are not in daycare is because I love them too damn much to entrust them to strangers who might abuse them. There have been too many cases of childcare facilites abusing children and in my book, ONCE is too many.

I know that some people don't have that choice (single-parent families) so I consider myself fortunate. If it takes me working OT on a regular basis or even 2 jobs, so be it. My children are worth it.

Actually yes I do have kids, well one. Hes two, and my wife stays home and takes care of him while I work. The main reason she stays home is because my son came home from daycare 5 different times with bruises or bite marks and the baby sitter knew nothing about them. So I understand, dont give me your guilt trip. I guess im fortunate to make enough money so my wife can stay at home with my son and I dont have to work more than 8 hours a day. On a side note, my brother has two kids and he runs his own carpet cleaning business and works another job-- I see how stressed out he gets, sorry to hear about your situation.

Smith said:
I wonder how many of those type of spam posts earned your title for you?

You can search my profile yourself if you wish. You seem to be well on your way to making your own collection of spam posts.
He asked his question, he got his answer, he said thank you, I said your welcome.

inotocracy said:
Actually yes I do have kids, well one. Hes two, and my wife stays home and takes care of him while I work. The main reason she stays home is because my son came home from daycare 5 different times with bruises or bite marks and the baby sitter knew nothing about them. So I understand, dont give me your guilt trip. I guess im fortunate to make enough money so my wife can stay at home with my son and I dont have to work more than 8 hours a day. On a side note, my brother has two kids and he runs his own carpet cleaning business and works another job-- I see how stressed out he gets, sorry to hear about your situation.

I was annoyed when I posted but it's no excuse; therefore I apologize for my poor attitude towards you inotocracy.

Booby McNipples said:
I was annoyed when I posted but it's no excuse; therefore I apologize for my poor attitude towards you inotocracy.

No prob bro :)

MeanieMan said:
You can search my profile yourself if you wish. You seem to be well on your way to making your own collection of spam posts.
He asked his question, he got his answer, he said thank you, I said your welcome.

Well, thanks for your help guys (in one form or another) but I think this thread is done. The biggest thing I learned though is to watch for guys like Meanie who jump at the chance to insult others whenever possible. I did check your profile by the way (since you asked) and I noticed that you're a pretty grumpy guy. I think you REALLY need a hug or some Prozac or possibly even some Midol. I think he should change his name to "PMS-Man" cause he acts like he's got a bleeding gash. :)

Booby McNipples said:

Booby,

My take on all this is that the first responder was right on the money, though a tad harsher than he needed to be. He gave the answer but also made it clear that this was a question that did not need to be asked and suggested you use a search engine.

The second responder was a jerk, but he did provide a link to the answer, even if he did so in a harsh way, so he wasn't completely bad, just mostly.

However, in all honesty, the worst post here is the one by you that I quoted above. It is a clear breach of rule #1....

(1) Absolutely NO FLAMING OR NAME CALLING. Mutual respect and civilized conversation is the required norm.

By rights you could be banned for the post, but because you were provoked a little bit (and only a little bit, not nearly enough to justify your post) you should probably get just a posting privilieges revocation. The 2nd responder probably should get the same punishment as you, and the 1st responder should just get a friendly warning.

Anyway, that is my take on the situation, and I offer the above not as a condemnation of you or anyone else, but as a friendly reminder of the rules of these boards and what a seemingly justified post can potentially result in.

Back