What kind of speed do you get on your wireless network?

jimnms

Gawd
Just curious what others are getting on their wireless networks. I have a D-Link DI-624 Router/AP/switch, one computer connected to the switch, a notebook with a D-Link DWL-G650, and another computer with a PCI DWL-G520. D-Link claims this stuff will do 108Mbps. :rolleyes:

I have it set to 802.11g only mode, with Super G and statuc Turbo enabled. This is supposed to be the fastest settings, but all the clients have to have 802.11g cards and support Super G and Turbo mode. This should also provide a tiny bit more security. I'm also using WPA-PSK authentication

The fastest transfer I can get over the wireless is from the wired computer to the wireless PCI computer, which is just over 30Mbps. With it set to defaults, 802.11b/g compatible and dynamic Super G with Turbo, it drops to 15-20Mbps.

Lets hear it, what kind transfer speed are you getting and with what equipment?

I've seen up to 2.6mbyte/s with my setup. Netgear WGR614 and Netgear WG511. But of course they are 5 feet apart at the most ever, so results will vary considering distance.

Mine doesnt even work, becouse Ive got some kind of hardware conflict between my sager and linksys card. (wireless sucks)

Correction, sager sucks. Wireless is fine. If you buy cheap hardware like the SOHO wireless products then you can expect cheap hardware. As a technology, while young, it is perfectly acceptable as long as you have realistic expectations. Sager on the other hand, based on a couple of years of reselling their laptops, is a joke and your lucky if you can get it to bootup, much less work with aftermarket equipment.

Originally posted by beachbum
Mine doesnt even work, becouse Ive got some kind of hardware conflict between my sager and linksys card. (wireless sucks)

Sorry to hear that, but if it helps I have the same combo with no problems.

Originally posted by ktwebb
Correction, sager sucks. Wireless is fine. If you buy cheap hardware like the SOHO wireless products then you can expect cheap hardware. As a technology, while young, it is perfectly acceptable as long as you have realistic expectations. Sager on the other hand, based on a couple of years of reselling their laptops, is a joke and your lucky if you can get it to bootup, much less work with aftermarket equipment.

I disagree with you on many parts. I for one know that Linksys+Sager work fine with no problems. I do not consider Linksys cheep at all, but defiantly not the most expensive. I look at Linksys as mid level SOHO networking hardware. There are many others I would rank as low-end "cheep" before I would consider Linksys as low-end.

My experience with Sager has been good. Again I would say these books are ether mid level but nothing less of upper low-end. Yes, there is better (but at a price,) but I also feel there is much much worse then Sager.

I can not account for your experience with Sager, but my experience has not been that of yours.

On with the question at hand I get about 2 to 3 MB/s

I agree, sager has some problems but the darned thing gets the job done....
As for linksys, they are known for good products sadly I have had nothing but bad experiences with them.

Originally posted by beachbum
I agree, sager has some problems but the darned thing gets the job done....
As for linksys, they are known for good products sadly I have had nothing but bad experiences with them.
Same here. The only reliable Linksys product I ever had was a NIC. Never mind, that puked too after a year. :) I just attribute it to bad luck, I don't consider all Linksys crap.

Back