What Kind of Pointing Device Do You Use?

What type of pointer do you use for games?

• Mouse

Votes: 106 86.9%
  • Trackball

Votes: 12 9.8%
  • Joystick

Votes: 8 6.6%
  • Finger

Votes: 14 11.5%
  • Other

Votes: 5 4.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

vmerc

Limp Gawd
I use a Logitech Trackman Trackball. I have used mice and trackballs both, but I find that the Trackman is just way better than mice for control and convenience. I just with that Logitech would upgrade the optical unit on the Trackman and make something comparable to the G7. The current optics are still the 1st generation system, and it's starting to get moldy.

I had a trackball for quite a while. Then my wife got mad and jerked it out of the puter one day... So I had to go buy a cheap 30 dollar logitech wireless...

I had a trackball, an optical one, it wore out quickly, and I went back to mice. I currently have a Logitech MX518.

I love my optical mouse, I was one of the first people in my group of friends to have one. I can use it anywhere (leg, desk, table, floor). The ball mice seem to annoy me some but what can you do.

Just got a laptop a couple months ago and its trackpad with my finger is nice. I didn't use to like the pads, I would have prefered the easer thing, but Apple made there pad so nice that I can click and scroll with it.

I still prefer the mouse for things like games and drawing but the trackpad is nice (sometimes better for surfing the net and documents)

Been using the Logitech Marble mouse for several years now.
Love it for FPS games.

I use the Logitech Marble Mouse, a very comfortable trackball. Having used the Marble Mouse for a little over a year, I doubt I will ever switch back to a conventional mouse.

MX1000 laser action at home ..and MX700 at work ..and my finger when I am driving

[H]

ThreeDee said:
MX1000 laser action at home ..and MX700 at work ..and my finger when I am driving

[H]
You play games while at work AND driving? SWEET!

both the logitech trackball and the mx510 are hooked up.
use whatever i feel at the time

Wow, the numbers are pretty amazing here. I expected less people to be using trackball, and certainly none to pick finger or other. It's cool that more people use Trackball than I expected. I'll never figure out the people that play games on a touchpad. :confused:

It's all in what you get used to, I used to be stuck with a laptop and a touchpad with it, I got pretty good at Q3 with it, dunno if I'd do it by choice though.

I have used the same Logitech Cordless Trackman for over 4 years and it has held up pretty well overall. I have gone thru 4 keyboards in the same amount of time and yet it is still going strong. However, WinXP had issues with it's drivers and I have had to "unstick" the left button a few times but other than that, not one serious issue and I could never go back to using a mouse full time I don't think.

-SB

Logitech 700MX optical mouse. Can't imagine using a trackball or anything else for gaming...

Back