I add to cart and go to checkout.

4RLXMrr.jpg

Refresh.

Repeat.

Refresh.

Repeat.

Etc.

WTF!?!?!?!?

lol i just tried to add that evga 619$ one to my cart and it worked! thanks! hahaha

j/k im not buying it yet.. but i can add it.. ya.. you definitely haunted bro..

Last edited:
You can add it to your cart no problem. You just can't check out.

There's this point, where the card is in stock, but someone else has it in their cart so they can't sell it...

The simple answer is there are 10000 other people doing the exact same thing you are right now. If someone gets it in their cart, then purchases the last one before you, the item will show as not in stock. No BS or smoke and mirrors here, and it's fair IMO.

NewEgg doesn't "hold" items if you put them in your cart -- why would they? If you went to brick and mortor store, would you expect them to not sell an item to someone else just because you pointed at it?

The simple answer is there are 10000 other people doing the exact same thing you are right now. If someone gets it in their cart, then purchases the last one before you, the item will show as not in stock. No BS or smoke and mirrors here, and it's fair IMO.

NewEgg doesn't "hold" items if you put them in your cart -- why would they? If you went to brick and mortor store, would you expect them to not sell an item to someone else just because you pointed at it?

its more like someone comes and takes it out of your basket before you finish shopping.

its more like someone comes and takes it out of your basket before you finish shopping.

If Newegg held items every time someone put them in their cart, it would be a lot harder for people looking to actually buy to get through. Sure, you may have been ready to buy, but for every person looking to make a purchase, there are 5 humming and hawing.

This happened all day to me on Friday, until finally I was able to get an eVga one. I would have liked to have gotten the Asus Strix one, but I just wanted to get one and have the hassle of all of this over with. Gotta say, it sure is better than my old 980.

LOL probably not many in stock and too many people trying to buy. System tripping the f out. Or you are just haunted.

To expound on my above point, Newegg (and most other online vendors) expressly allows a "first to buy" rule (not "first to put in your cart" rule) to allow customers fair chance to get high-demand items like the 1080/1070. Moreover, they dribble out supply so you don't have hawkers scooping up quantities of supply across multiple versions/models. You see the same sort of thing in the ticketing sales, although they've gone even a step further and enforce a time limit on the checkout time (which makes it even harder for hawkers to game volume purchases)...

In short, keep trying.

The site still tells customers an item is in stock, and allows them to add to their cart, only to remove it when checking out. That is obviously the wrong way to do it. It's frustrating as hell.

The site still tells customers an item is in stock, and allows them to add to their cart, only to remove it when checking out. That is obviously the wrong way to do it. It's frustrating as hell.

What would you suggest then?

The item probably legitimately SOLD OUT during the process.

Quantity is OBVIOUSLY limited on these hot new items. Do you think they wouldn't order 10,000 more if they were available?

He lost, boo hoo.

NewEgg just changed around their sorting system and most of the custom cards aren't even showing... I'd love me a hybrid, but not sure how realistic that'll be in stock anytime soon. Newegg used to show one.

What would you suggest then?
Seriously? I need to spell this out?

They know when an item is in stock. It's computerized, they aren't using carbon copies like 1957. When an item isn't in stock, the website should say "out of stock".

Seriously? I need to spell this out?

They know when an item is in stock. It's computerized, they aren't using carbon copies like 1957. When an item isn't in stock, the website should say "out of stock".

Sometimes all it takes is 30 seconds or so for them to be out of stock. Lots of factors at play here like how many times is the database being updated in a given time period etc...depending on the equipment/software they are using you could be looking at a 30 second to 2-3 minute delay.

OK. Point is, from a customer standpoint, that's frustrating and sucks.

It was way longer than 30 seconds too-- we're talking over 5 minutes here.

A Firefox derivative browser is your problem there.

Tried Chrome on my phone; Pale Moon, Firefox, and IE11 on my laptop; and remoted into my desktop and tried Firefox on it.

I finally got lucky today and have an EVGA card on the way.

Back