What killed card?

hajalie24

[H]ard|Gawd
Kind of a long story with some details that may not be important. By the way I have an MSI R6950 Twin Frozr II and III.

So yesterday I was trying to get my dvi to component adapter to work. I was "hot swapping" my dvi ports with the adapter, couldn't get it to work. I decided to try restarting the computer, and while I'm there I figured I may as well flash the Twin Frozr II to the bios of the Twin Frozr III so I can overclock higher in CCC. Everything goes fine, windows detects a new card because of the bios and installs drivers, etc. The adapter still does not get detected so I just take it back and plug my dvi monitor in. I overclocked the cards in CCC to 900 and the I started guiminer to mine bitcoins. I noticed the twin frozr iii is running at 880, so I just increase the voltage a bit in afterburner and the clock, while the thing is running. I've done this before and everything works fine, but this time my displays all got no signal. Hit the reset button and still no signal. Turn the pc off and on and I get artifacts on my twin frozr iii and it won't boot into windows.

So do you think afterburner kill the card alone, or the hot swapping had an effect? This really sucks though, today I got my new motherboard, cpu, and ram and wanted to finally try out crossfire.

Back