What is zero channel raid?

Joony

Limp Gawd
Joined
Apr 30, 2002
Messages
495
From what I have read, it is adding a PCI card which converts the onboard SCSI controller of a motherboard to use raid. My question is, are they compatible with all onboard SCSI chipsets? Examples:

A fairly recent Adaptec Zero channel raid card with Ultra 3 support on something like a PR440FX with only adaptec ultra scsi, or a L440GX with ultra SCSI 2.

or how about the Zero channel card on a chipset with a LSI chipset, I remember a tyan mobo with a LSI scsi chipset...

:confused:
 
That's nifty, I didn't know there was a common standard for ZCR. I had been under the impression that the Adaptec ZCR cards only worked with Adaptec chipsets.
 
zero raid cards usually have very poor performance, just a warning, better off getting an actual raid card.
 
Back
Top