What is your oldest working monitor?

As far as PC monitors I have a 19" Sony G400 from 1999 which my cousin has now and it works great.

As for TVs I have a 20" Sony made in 1989 which I gave to my mom a few years back,It doesnt get used as much lately but I was just there couple days ago and the damn thing still works and has never been repaired. Has a slight red tint to it for the first 5-10 minutes of powerup but other than that the picture is fairly decent still.

13" Commodore 1702 color monitor from 1983ish still works like new.

i have a viewsonic ps790 19" that i got back in 1999.
its survived a 2 1/2ft drop onto concrete. it hit the concrete at the front upper left corner.
there is a huge ass crack there but the screen survived with no scratches or anything and the monitor still works great. if i think about it when i get home i'll take a pic of it.

skulltech that my dad designed before i was born....so atleast 1986. hell yeah green and black!

The original monochrome monitor that came with my Apple II still works fine. Dated 1982-1983 BTW. Resolution at that time was 280x192.

Albert

PoweredBySoy said:
Samsung 970P. One week and counting, baby.
so you have never ownd a computer until now?

i have a 1994 or 5 micron monitor still works perfect, its a small 17"

A Philips 14" CRT around 1990. Still has a perfect image :)

Unless you want me to include the 14" TV I used with my C64 ^_-

monitorcracklowres.jpg

I think I have the oldest working Compaq monitor in existance. Its from the first compaq i bought about 10 or 12 years ago. survived 3 more compaq's and 3 moves.

i've got an old sony trinitron 15" from 1991 that still kicks ass....1024x768 resolution, on a 15 year old monitor! color too! and it still works, no convergence problems what so ever

I have a 13" from 1988 that works perfect. Its just kinda small, and doesn't support any modern features at all (like powersaving, etc). I also have a macintosh monitor that is probably of a similar age, perhaps maybe a few years newer.

I threw out all my old monichrome monitors a while back. I can justify keeping the other ones, because at least the 1988 monitor supports up to 16bit color.

Both the monitors I use on my main box, a 21" Trinitron and a 15" LCD were both made in 1999. Interestingly, I'm the only person I know that has a 15" LCD that uses DVI, heh. Back then I don’t believe they had any LCD’s that could use VGA. What's even more funny is that even though my LCD is down right ancient compared to most others, it still doesn't have half as much ghosting as I see on some of the cheaper modern displays.

The yellow/black pixel crt monitor for an IBM XT. Those were built like a tank. Also, viewsonics last forever. Got a few old ones.

Unknown-One said:
I've got a couple old Amiga monitors, not sure how old they are though...
amiga!.. hell yeah.. we, unfortunately got rid of most of our amiga stuff about 4 years ago.. my sister supposedly has the 2000 and the 1000 in a box in her house somewhere..

i have a microscan from 1996, whatever that is.. in my kitchen that still works... i have my real old shit at my mom's house which i will be at in a few days.. i can check to see what i got there still..

I have an old 21" Viewsonic P815 (<-- I think) that still works great. I've had it since late '98. Thats the oldest monitor that I still use. As soon as I don't need it anymore it gets donated or trashed... I just don't have the space to keep old hewitt packard crap around.

Back