What is your favorite DVD copying software?

soytrejo

Limp Gawd
I am ready to purchase dvd copying software, but I would also like one that works well with copying software. What do you like? Why and how much?
thanks
Frank :confused:

Why the hell would you purchase DVD copying software? The best software available is free... DVDShrink

DVD Dectypter + Deamon Tools + DVD Shrink all freeware
w\ nero setup to automatically burn

http://www.doom9.org/mpg/dvdshrink31-main.htm

rip image to drive with DVD Decrypter (1 click)
mount image w\ Deamon Tools (1 click)
load DVD blank and reauthor, rencode, compress and burn backup (2 or 3 clicks)
(ripping out menus, extras ect)
never had a coaster decrypting first

Maximus825 said:
Why the hell would you purchase DVD copying software? The best software available is free... DVDShrink

I'm not sure if this was referring to the original poster since he asked about purchasing software, or a reply to mine, since I mentioned DVD2ONE which is not freeware.
Either way..
Although I use DVD Decrypter + DVDShrink 99% of the time, DVD2ONE is faster when transcoding, so I do sometimes use this. It's cheap, and worth it for the speed factor.

Ok if i rip a dvd using dvd shrink what is the best way for me to compress to a .avi, .mpeg, .divx, or .xvid that can be put on a 700mb normal cd?

please be sorry about this noob question but which one on that page i read throught it and i'm still not sure which one to pick

You wouldn't use DVDShrink to rip the DVD if you wanted to compress it to AVI. Find a program called Gordian Knot. It has everything you need...

I have a DVD from when I went bear hunting, and it's a .vob. I converted it to divx using xmpeg, but the quality was horrible. Playback was choppy, and sound was fast like the chipmonks almost. So I am trying Auto Gordian Knot per your recommendation. Hopefully this one turns out better.

Man I don't know if I'm using this right or not, but it's taking WAY longer than XMPEG did. It seems like it's doing more than one pass. Hopefully the quality is much smoother than it was with XMPEG when it's done.

mryerse said:
Man I don't know if I'm using this right or not, but it's taking WAY longer than XMPEG did. It seems like it's doing more than one pass. Hopefully the quality is much smoother than it was with XMPEG when it's done.

Follow the guides I linked above.

It shouldn't take all that long, unless your system specs are low. (or unless you do multple passes of course)

ok it finished and turned out really well, I am impressed. It took longer because it made two passes instead of one, and also did some other function. Now I can watch my bear hunt video without a DVD player :D

I used the gordian knot pack before I got a DVD burner. It was quite a hassle to learn how to use. But once mastered, you can't beat it.

Now, post DVD burner, I use DVD Shrink to make ISO's, then Nero to burn them.

If your willing to spend a bit more on discs then DVDFAB is the way to go. Instead of compressing the movie onto 1 disc it can split it into 2. Great way to not loose quality through compression.

Is there a freeware program to BURN to DVD+R disks? I have dvd Shrink, smartripper and DVD decrypter but none allow me to burn to DVD+R disks.
Thanks

Gabriel said:
Is there a freeware program to BURN to DVD+R disks? I have dvd Shrink, smartripper and DVD decrypter but none allow me to burn to DVD+R disks.
Thanks

The DVDShrink + DVD Decrypter combo should let you do this.
As long as your burner supports the format (DVD+R) then you shouldn't have any problems creating the ISO in DVDShrink and burning it w/ DVD Decrypter,

DVDShrink uses Nero to burn the discs. So, you actually have to have Nero installed to do it...

Back