• Some users have recently had their accounts hijacked. It seems that the now defunct EVGA forums might have compromised your password there and seems many are using the same PW here. We would suggest you UPDATE YOUR PASSWORD and TURN ON 2FA for your account here to further secure it. None of the compromised accounts had 2FA turned on.
    Once you have enabled 2FA, your account will be updated soon to show a badge, letting other members know that you use 2FA to protect your account. This should be beneficial for everyone that uses FSFT.

What is wrong with my production?

Python

Limp Gawd
Joined
May 8, 2001
Messages
455
Hello everyone!

Long time folder here that recently started back up in December. I have some questions avout my production. Please refer to user id jlovins for my stats.

Why is my points per day so low? I currently have this list of computers. I will break down the 24/7 ones from the 8AM to 6PM ones:

On 24/7:
AMD 3700+ x 1
AMD 1800+ x 4
Intel Dual Xeon 2.4 Ghz w/ HT x 1
Intel 2.8 Ghz Dual Core x 1
Intel Pentium III Dual 1.0 Ghz x 1 (have 3 more that im bout to put online tonight)
Intel Pentium 4 2.0 Ghz x 1

On from about 8 AM to 6 PM:
Intel Pentium 4 2.2 Ghz x 6
AMD 2200+ x 1

What should my output be per day? I'm lucky to break 1000. I would like to get this figured out soon as I have about 10 more Ghz to bring online. I just feel like im doing something wrong, I thought my output would be much higher!

Please help me figure this out and I will get 10 more Ghz online right away!
 
Hi,

The total amount of production will vary greatly with the type of clients you intend to run. Most of your systems can only run the standard client from what I see. That alone can explain why your production may seem low for the amount of GHz you have employed. I can give you estimated figures on some of these machines because I either have similar ones myself currently running, or have had them running in the past.

The 2-2.2GHz P4 machines will accomplish around 150-200 PPD with the standard client and bonus WUs. The dual PIII will accomplish roughly 170-200 PPD again with the standard client and bonus WUs. The Intel dual core 2.8GHz might do ~2000 PPD if you run the SMP client but note that some WUs are worth a lot less now and this figure might be optimistic. I'm not sure about the AMD systems or the HT Xeons. I only run dual Opterons and Core-architecture Xeon servers. A wild guess might be 300-400 PPD with the standard client for the AMDs?? Can't really say for certain. Others will have a much better idea. You will improve your production an order of magnitude if you run at least one GPU2 client and a nVidia card.

You can then calculate what the average estimated amount would be for the systems I mentioned by multiplying the figures with the number of machines you intend to run. Keep in mind that the figures I quoted are with the bonus WUs and the standard console client unless otherwise noted. You will need to configure your clients accordingly to receive these WUs, and they will only be available until August. Your production will drop a lot after that. If these are primarily work systems, then borg away. If not, you might reconsider running some of them because of their low production per watt ratio. Just a thought.

Best of luck and let us know if you have any more questions. :)

 
The only system I have that may be close to anything on your list is an Athlon XP 2600+ @2.2 that folds on notfreds cd at 150-200 PPD.

Apollo had some good info for everything else.

0.png
 
The only system I have that may be close to anything on your list is an Athlon XP 2600+ @2.2 that folds on notfreds cd at 150-200 PPD.
I forgot about my dual Barton @2.2GHz system. That puts out anywhere from 450-600 PPD depending on the WU mix. So, a single socket A Athlon near that frequency is looking at ~200-250 PPD with the bonus WUs. My estimation for AMD in the previous post above was on the high side.
 
My 3800+ x2 at stock (2GHz) does 700 PPD, compared to a single 8800GT which does 4400 PPD. Seems almost better to just get 8800GTs for cheap (less than $150 now with sales) and not even run the cpu/smp clients at all.
 
Well darn, I did not realize how many ppd the GPU client could do. I guess I am going to still bring the 10 Ghz online, the power bill is not an issue.

Thanks everyone!

O yea, next item....

How should I fold on any dual core/dual processor machines? - just 2 clients each in their own folder?
 
Well darn, I did not realize how many ppd the GPU client could do. I guess I am going to still bring the 10 Ghz online, the power bill is not an issue.
Good. BTW, a single GTX280 can produce over 8000 PPD. ;) :eek:

How should I fold on any dual core/dual processor machines? - just 2 clients each in their own folder?
Yes, if they are older machines, otherwise run a single the SMP client. On the older machines make sure that each installation has a different machine ID. The first client will automatically default to a machine ID of 1. When you install the second client chose another number from 2-8.
 
Good. BTW, a single GTX280 can produce over 8000 PPD. ;) :eek:

I just hit 8420ppd stable now on my GTX280 running the shaders @ 1520Mhz .. Over 1535 I will get GPU resets and crazyness pretty instant. Running @ stock speeds, I got just over 7350-7450ppd.

Om my decently OC'ed 8800GT, I get at the moment 4960 ppd (gonna try and push it to stable 5000+ ppd tomorrow) - so considering cost n power here, the 8800GT really is magnificent. :)

 
Om my decently OC'ed 8800GT, I get at the moment 4960 ppd (gonna try and push it to stable 5000+ ppd tomorrow) - so considering cost n power here, the 8800GT really is magnificent. :)
Amazing performance from the GTX280. BTW, what are the shader clocks set to on your 8800GT?
 
I just hit 8420ppd stable now on my GTX280 running the shaders @ 1520Mhz .. Over 1535 I will get GPU resets and crazyness pretty instant. Running @ stock speeds, I got just over 7350-7450ppd.

Om my decently OC'ed 8800GT, I get at the moment 4960 ppd (gonna try and push it to stable 5000+ ppd tomorrow) - so considering cost n power here, the 8800GT really is magnificent. :)


Damn.. that's got me drooling! Some seriously nice numbers there. The GTX is matching/beating my total production...:eek: Are you running any additional clients (SMP etc.) with those GPU clients?

I guess I better brush the tire tracks off my back when bassman mows me down and get ready for another... :D:D Although at least you're not in my radar YET..

0.png
 
Damn.. that's got me drooling! Some seriously nice numbers there. The GTX is matching/beating my total production...:eek: Are you running any additional clients (SMP etc.) with those GPU clients?

I guess I better brush the tire tracks off my back when bassman mows me down and get ready for another... :D:D Although at least you're not in my radar YET..

0.png

Only problem is that I'm bitten by the Conan-bug too, so it sucks up alot of my PPD's from the 280. Atleast I got a reason to game less now ;)

I'm doing some testing ATM with the SMP client, but as I run it all on just a Duo proc, the SMP gives me little in terms of boost. As it seems now, I get about 1100 from the SMP, leaving the total production up by about 200 PPD, but then again cutting PPD pr W abit.

I'm planning on setting up a lil' farm, but waiting for the multi-GPU client from Standford (as I don't want to break any EULA or bring crap [H]'s way with the hacked client .dll).

Also, I'm on the fence when it comes to GPU selection. The 8800GT seems like a safe bet by any means, but I am curious on the 4850 and how it will fare with a enhanced ATI client. I also got a 4870 laying around now, but havn't gotten around to test it.

 
Back
Top