What is wrong with my Norton Antivirus 2004...

jamezzz122

Supreme [H]ardness
I installed XP pro and then SP2 and then Norton. I ran Liveupdate then I restarted when it told me too. After the restart, I ran Liveupdate again and then restarted. But after second restart, my autoprotect becomes disabled and I can't enable it. I get an error. It links to to a little help thing and I tried it all. Nothing worked. I uninstalled and reinstalled. Went through the same thing. Liveupdate, restart, liveupdate, restart, and then error. Anyone know how to fix?

This is the link Norton gives BTW...

I've heard about issues between the service pack and Norton, but I haven't seen any info on any fixes, however. :(

I don't use Norton anymore, and I uninstalled SP2, so that's all I know about the issue...sorry.

I'm pretty sure that I saw a thread about it on Operating Systems, however. You might want to look around over there.

mosin said:
I've heard about issues between the service pack and Norton, but I haven't seen any info on any fixes, however. :(

I don't use Norton anymore, and I uninstalled SP2, so that's all I know about the issue...sorry.

I'm pretty sure that I saw a thread about it on Operating Systems, however. You might want to look around over there.

Hmmm...I uninstalled my wireless adapter drivers and reinstalled them because I was having problems with it...Tyhat made it work...WEird!

Nevermind...It is still messed up...It started again after a couple restarts of the computer..

Back