What Is Wrong?!?!?! Help Me Please

Anthony``

n00b
Hello, my computer has recently started to constantly restart itself over and over. At first, it would restart and I did send error report on the windows, and it said something about graphics device or something. Now it is restarting constantly, meaning I restart, get to my desktop for about 3 seconds, and it restarts again. I wanted to know if this is a video card problem, or a power supply problem, or whatever is causing this because I will replace the broken item(s) right away.

btw there is no box that tells me i'm restarting, i just do.

specs :

P4 2.8c
ASUS P4P800
256x2 corsair xms ram
wd 80 gb hd
radeon 9600xt
antec true power 430 psu

thank you for anyone who can help :eek:

that might be the sign of a mobo problem, try a different psu if u can, and graphics card since thats what windows said was wrong

Boot into Safe Mode, and then disable automatic reboots. Also, if it's staying up for a few minutes, check the event logs. Also try swapping the memory.

lol how can i boot in safe mode, and it only stays up for about 3 seconds literally, so i don't really have room to do anything. :\ sigh i hope it's not the mobo.

the temps are normal (around 35-40) and the ram seems to be fine, :\

if it's a psu or video card problem, i can get a new one and a new psu or something maybe a new mobo but I just want to make sure what's the problem before buying -_-

After the POST screen just hold down F8, windows boot menu should come up.

I'm thinking it's either your psu or mobo. If you have a extra psu try testing your system with that.

If you go into your bios is it stable.
Also when your in there check your tempsand voltages are all ok.

A good test for telling if its your hardware or software is to download and run Memtest86.
As it runs straight off the floppy/ cd you dont need a working copy of Windozes.

Luck........ :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

You need to clue us in a bit more.

What OS are you running? What is the specific error msg it is giving?

Did you install or uninstall any hardware or software/drivers since it was last working properly?

Are you up to date on virus/trojan stuff? Sure there's not an issue there?

I am running windows xp professional
when i formatted, yes i installed the things from my mobo cd (drivers, anti virus)
and then i installed my video card drivers.
everything seemed to be working fine for a while until it started to restart out of nowhere and here I am. I will try booting in safe mode and brb

I'm pretty sure the temps and voltages are fine, but hmm.. i'll try to get memtest

Anthony`` said:
ahh someone please help me !!! :(

Yelling at us without even trying to go into Safe Mode isn't going to help anyone, now is it?

As stated before, go into safe mode, disable automatic reboots and read the event logs. This will help you identify WHY it's rebooting, and then will start you on the path of fixing it.

lol sorry about that, i just said it to up the thread.

so i did disable and this error pops up:

windows error blahblahbla
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

if this is the first itme blah blah blah
etc.

i will try to get memtest and load it in safe mode, or does that not work?

edit: i have just now also checked the event logs in safe mode, and in my system logs it says:

warning date time source = dhcp
same thing
same thing
Error date time source = dcom
information date time tcpip
same thing
Error system error
information service control manager

there's a long list, is there anything i should look for in particular?

Do a Google search for that IRQL_LESS etc etc error message. Type it in exactly as it appears. I don't remember off hand what the exact fix for it was, but it is a very common error.

hmm strange.

I unscrewed and took out my wireless pci card, and the problem has stopped. Could that mean my PCI slot is messed up? or hmm :eek:

Sounds like a driver error.
Download the latest WinXP drivers for your card.
The when you reinstall the card.
Uninstall the old drivers and install the new ones.

Luck........ :D
u=Tigerbiten.gif

Back