what is wrong. grrrrrrr.

lodingi

2[H]4U
i have been having problems recently with gaming. i would get this terrible stutter while playing. i would take to steps then freeze, take two steps then freeze and so on. besides that, general gameplay sucks as well. i was thinking i had a software problem. after much troubleshooting (to no avail) i decided to format and reinstall everything. i did the format and reinstall. then i installed the chipset drivers, all windows updates, directx 9, video and sound (in that order). the only software i installed after that was my game (nolf2). i then start playing and i get the same exact shitty gameplay. wtf do i do? could my bios be the problem? that's the only thing i changed. i am at my wits end. i'm about to chuck this thing out the window.

btw it's not my online connection. i have 8mb downstream and 1.5mb upstream.

First off, if your "chucking" anything, ill love to take it ^_^.

Secondly, i had a similar problem.

Just all of a sudden, one day my games would no longer work correctly....

What MY PROBLEM turned out to be, was the graphics card. I had a geforce 4 TI4200 running on a 200watt PSU (required a 300+). Worked fine for a while, then just stoped playing games. Granted, it would do non-graphic intense programs fine... like just using windows, but whenever i got into heavy graphics (games), it would just lock out... and constantly skip.

If you have the same problem i did, your graphics card is to blame. If you have a spare hanging around, i suggest you swap them out and try your games then.

Ususally, after a clean format, and all new direct x stuff............. and it still does'nt work........ usually hardware related.

p.s., there are a few bios settings that "might" mess thigns up.... you could try looking at your bios, and see'ing if you have anything for a graphic DDR memory settings. I know with my dads comp, i changed one of the DDR settings, and he was fine. (his computer would lock up on 3d programs, like 3d screen saver).

Or you could just reset the bios to the defaults........... assuming the defaults worked correctly before.......

just a few things you can try.

~Hope this helps you out.

Back