What is the Screen Door effect?

The 2001fp is on my list of candidates for my next monitor. I've read a few people complain about a "screen door effect." What is that? Thanks

Mike

vertical and horizantal lines which are visible on the screen from maybe a couple of inches away

gerald said:
vertical and horizantal lines which are visible on the screen from maybe a couple of inches away

Thanks for the reply. I like the 2001fp and I hear thats the biggest drawback. Hopefully the Dell booth at the mall has one I can look at.

I just unpacked my FP2001 last night and i too notice it, but only from a few inchs away from the screen, a distance i could never use my computer at.

I wonder why the 2001fp seems to be the only monitor with this problem? My 19" sony hs93 had no screen door - I heard it was because of the size/large amount of pixels, but my 23" hp 2335 doesn't have screen door either any way you look at it :confused:

is there any way for any fp2001 users to take a pic of this "screen door effect"

The 2001 seems like a great monitor and all of us are anal about certain things (I know I am I returned and refunded the same 19 inch sony crt twice in a year and still kept my current 17 inch sony crt). I'm just hoping the screen door effect is something that won't bother me. Like the two black lines on a Trinitron CRT.

The majority of LCDs of 20" or larger have the screen door effect. But as has been mentioned, it's really only noticeable if you're a few inches away from the screen; at normal distance (12"-24"), it's not visible at all.

Torquemada XP said:
The majority of LCDs of 20" or larger have the screen door effect. But as has been mentioned, it's really only noticeable if you're a few inches away from the screen; at normal distance (12"-24"), it's not visible at all.

So what is the problem!? If that's what screen door effect is what is everybody bitchin' about!? Anybody here using their computer with their eye's a few inches from the screen? Everybody would get 'screen neck'(refering to the expression 'mouse arm'.. ;) ) from moving their head over to the top right corner everytime they want to close a window! :p

I'm probably getting myself a swine expensive 2001FP(in Sweden) and will be madly happy about it, almost in love with it I've planned!

Any info on the new Samsung 20" 12ms, prize range?(and comparade with 213T,2001FP etc.?), model name? 16 or 12ms? Links please.. :cool:

nifti said:
So what is the problem!? If that's what screen door effect is what is everybody bitchin' about!? Anybody here using their computer with their eye's a few inches from the screen? Everybody would get 'screen neck'(refering to the expression 'mouse arm'.. ;) ) from moving their head over to the top right corner everytime they want to close a window! :p

Well, it's probably the same reason as why some people notice ghosting while others don't...it just varies between individuals. I notice it sometimes on certain types of backgrounds or images, but 99% of the time I don't see it.

Back