What is the Oldest working gamming Console u own?

dagon11985 said:
Funny how Atari's and NES's still work.. yet.. a lot of people are reporting dead playstations.

ROFL, funny isn't it

I roughly know the order, but my old school stuff still works:

Intelevision, NES, Original Gameboy, Commadore 64, SNES, N64, GC, GBA, XBOX (first production run) NBA Jam Full Sized arcade game....all of my stuff still works :D I love my consoles.....do you think Nintendo will release a home networking kit for NES? I'm ready to play duck hunt over the net

dagon11985 said:
Funny how Atari's and NES's still work.. yet.. a lot of people are reporting dead playstations.

Yeah, there's a lot to be said about the use of cartridges versus discs. Moving parts normally wear out at some point. At least, I'm pretty sure that's why my NES and N64 still work. :cool:

gameboy color :/

I had an original gray gameboy as my first "console" in 1989ish, but I sold it to get the gameboy color. Remind me never to sell an original again. :( I just wanted Tetris DX so I could get some real action as the pieces rained down like no other and the side to side movement was actually fast enough to handle it!! Original tetris got on my nerves when I couldn't move my piece to the edge of the screen fast enough :mad:

I still have and use the first console I ever got...Playstation 2 :D

still have my original atari 2600, no sense in using it though, im wayy too spoiled by modern games to have any interested in playing with 15 squares floating around the screen :p I also still have my original colecovision, but sadly it doesnt work since the day I spilled milk on it when I was a kid.. man was i sad that day, damn you milk and cookies!!! :(

Aha! Intellevision II and about 40 games, I love that thing, used to sit and play B-17 with my dad and watch him play Bomb Squad as a little kid :) and Dungeons and Dragons!!! Took a long time to learn how to play that one.. And I think I had one that was first personish! But that might have had a different name that Dungeons and Dragons.. Good memories.. I also have an SNES somewhere.

I have a 2600 somewhere in the attic, but I don't think it works any more.

I still have my original NES, the newer top loading NES, PS1, Saturn, and PS2 (all working).

Gameboy.

My NES was working until my brother tried it the other week, he claimed it was broken and dismantled it:(

retardedchicken said:
Gameboy.

My NES was working until my brother tried it the other week, he claimed it was broken and dismantled it:(

to put a pc in it?

atari 2600, and an atari 7800. The 2600 works, but the switches on it are messed up, so if I get an itch for atari it's the 7800 that gets fired up. I always loved Circus Atari, Defender, Asteroids, and Robotron. Tons of fun when you plug in 2 joysticks for Robotron.

how about some pictures of YOUR older systems up and running any game, that would spice up this thread

Atari Lynx.. still working ;)

atari_lynx2.jpg

NES. My Zelda 1, Mario 1 & 3 cartridges...heck all of my NES games work just fine. Probably b/c I give my systems TLC...heheh

Brucelee said:
I don't own consoles couse they stink. I used to gave a sega thought then sold it.

So why are you posting in a Console specific forum ? :confused:

NEC TurboGrafx - 16 (1989)
My first ever console was a Atari 7800, but we gave that away prolly in 1991.
It used to compliment a NES, GB, Genesis, SNES, N64, PSX, and Dreamcast. PS2, Gamecube, DS lite and my TG-16 are my only consoles today. Gotta love old school Bonk. Might "upgrade" soon. (import a PC Engine with Super CDrom2)
tg16.jpg

hucards.jpg

btw, if anyone has any Hu-cards they are willing to part with please PM me.

Gamecube, I also have a nes and n64 but thier over at my friends houses, and I never play them anyways due to other ways of playing them.

My Atari 2600 :cool:

Next consoles were then (in order) the SNES, N64, Playstation, Xbox, Gamecube and then my 360.

I also have a Gameboy, Gameboy Advance and a PSP.

I still have all the above and they all still work :D

Sega Master System

I have no clue how so many of you still have working NES machines, mine and everyone's that I knew all developed that 'you have to blow really hard into the bottom of the cartridge' problem after a few years.

NES with the lockout chip disabled (no more flashing screens) and stereo sound mod :cool:

my brother and I have an old super pong unit. It has two paddles built in, and all it does is pong. Even the speakers are built in!

We also have a coleco, intellivision, and an atari 2600 :)

LOL I have a console from all generations. :D And they all work!!

Intellivision
Atari 2600
Atari 5200
Atari 7800
Atari Jaguar
Atari Lynx
Turbo Grafix 16 KEITH COURAGE FTW!!!
Sega Master System w/3D Glasses for Maze Hunter 3D game.
Sega Genesis w/Sega CD(1st-Gen Drawer Load), Power Base COnverter for SMS games and the 32X Addon.
Sega Dreamcast with all Accesories
NES
SNES
N64
Gamecube
PS1
PS2
Xbox.

I'm not sure if I should count my Commodore Vic-20, or my Bentley Compuvision. The Compuvision is just pong, and it was in it's box for more than a decade unopened before I got it. The Commodore might be considered a PC, although I have a bunch of game cartridges for it.

Atari 2600, and the newer atari 7800, with a box full of games for them.

I still have my NES... but I've reconditioned it. So it's not all original.

NulloModo said:
Sega Master System

I have no clue how so many of you still have working NES machines, mine and everyone's that I knew all developed that 'you have to blow really hard into the bottom of the cartridge' problem after a few years.

I can't say why mine still works. I bought it the first day the NES came out and it was well played during my childhood yet it has never given me any problems. I just played Zelda again the other day. :p

NulloModo said:
Sega Master System

My trick was to push the game into the console with my index and middle finger while jamming my thumb onto the reset button and then use my left hand to whack the machine 3 times. Worked like a charm 60% of the time. The other 40% I would either repeat the process or use your trick ;)

Back