What is the most violent game you ever played

Positron

n00b
241491.jpg

desktop-logo-1920x1080.jpg

I know this may sound somewhat weird. Only hardcore gamers can answer that. I personally played or at least tried most of the 3rd person games available in the market.
I feel that Prototype series and Zombie army trilogy as one of the most violent games I ever played.
please share your experience.
regards
Positron

The original Rise of the Triad was pretty nuts at the time. There's always Manhunt.

Most Violent is kind of subjective, most gory on the other hand goes to Soldier of Fortune and Soldier of Fortune 2, dismemberment, organs falling out of bodies. It was so over the top, but certainly distinct.

I remember Blood can be quite gory and violent at times, you get to blow up undead beings and humans with gibs and gores flying over the place which was rather amusing and entertaining.

Also, Mortal Kombat 2011 fatalities can be over the top and somewhat gruesome.

The new Doom game can be quite violent as well.

I remember Blood can be quite gory and violent at times, you get to blow up undead beings and humans with gibs and gores flying over the place which was rather amusing and entertaining.

Also, Mortal Kombat 2011 fatalities can be over the top and somewhat gruesome.

The new Doom game can be quite violent as well.

You could also kick around zombie heads like a soccer ball after you killed them, had waaaay too much fun with this back in the day.

Postal 2, I got arrested for something and was at the jail dicking around when I accidentally started a fire that spread across the station so as I'm wandering back out there's cops on fire shooting at everything in sight screaming and running around. Eventually I ended up feeling bad an trying to put a couple of them out by peeing on them because thats all I had but it got depressing and I left.

So many to choose from, this is a difficult one. Also very subjective topic.

I'm going to have to go with Dead Rising 3. Highest count of enemies on-screen of any game I've played - you can literally mow them down by thousands per minute - full dismemberment and tons of creative ways to build/combine new implementsome of death. Of course it's all done in a rather toung-in-cheek comedic way and you're killing zombies not "real people", so it doesn't quite have the visceral impact of some of the crime sim type games, but still pretty violent overall.

As said:

Rise of the Triad. Blood, SOF. Blood wasn't "awful" but, the way he would fling that knife around (at scientists especially) was pretty wicked, hehe. "No, no, please, no!!" SOF was pretty bad for language too.

Not an FPS, but Phantasmagoria was pretty damn violent.

For the time I think Soldier of Fortune is the most violent to me. Then by the time I played something Assassin's Creed seemed like childs play at the time in comparison to Soldier of Fortune.

Reminds me of when Mortal Kombat II was released on SNES. Man the magazines and parents were freaking out about that one.

Yea Soldier of Fortune, that is the game I was trying to come up with. I don't remember if it was a demo or the actual game I was playing, but I couldn't deal with it at all. I literally would not play the game for the graphic violence.

Night trap. One of those games where you don't have to show gore for it to be disturbing.

I forgot about SOF and the violence. Now im remember just shooting off peoples legs and arms was so much fun, and funny.

Reinstalled Soldier of Fortune 2 for the first time in 5+ years?

It was quite a pain with setting wide-screen rez / FOV, replacing the HUD elements, and editing the cfg files. (reminds me of the old days)

PCgamingwiki is your friend.

I completely forgot how HARD this game is. Good lor'

Phantasmagoria
Soldier of Fortune
Carmageddon
There are some console games like Mortal Kombat and some others that I cannot remember at the moment.

F.E.A.R 1 & 2 really gave that feeling with all of the blood & gore. Prototype 1 & 2 I can definitely agree with, too.

I think the most violent games are those that show violence but no gore. It's taking away the consequences. With a kind of backwards logic. Violence is not the blood and guts spilling out after the fact, it's the act itself. And I think games that take away the gore to "protect" children are achieving the exact opposite of what they intend.

Glad to see the love for SoF2 in here. I spent years of my life playing the multiplayer of that game. I got accused of cheating so many times lol. And yes the single player was very graphic. You could literally slice bad guys faces up.

I think the most violent games are those that show violence but no gore. It's taking away the consequences. With a kind of backwards logic. Violence is not the blood and guts spilling out after the fact, it's the act itself. And I think games that take away the gore to "protect" children are achieving the exact opposite of what they intend.

That's what I was thinking, whether the OP meant most "Violent" meaning either:

1. Most amount of Blood/innards seen?
2. Most amount of deaths?
or
3. Most amount of deaths leading to blood/innards seen?

FEAR had plenty of blood, but a lot of which are prerendered, IE you are only seeing the results, you did not cause (or even witness) the acts, which fits the plot fine)

I can come up with games that had FAR more deaths than a typical FPS, EG Diablo 3.

If you count by how many people needs to die to finish the game, then max payne 3 is easily the most violent game. I think I had like 1500 kills in it.

max payne 3 i guess.

Minecraft most violent I played. All the mods now. Spacemods. Microsoft sale. Damn.

I remember Carmageddon at the time was pretty gory. Sword of the Berserk: Guts Rage also for Dreamcast. From what I can tell however the new Mortal Kombat is the goriest. I watched all the fatalities on YouTube and it's unnecessarily gory. Never played the game, but that alone turned me off.

IDK. I've become sort of used to it so that I don't really notice it these days.

Duke Nukem was probably the most violent game I played when I was still at an age where the gore actually had any impact on me.

Back