What is the lag from during online game play?

micsim749

n00b
First of all im absolutely sure this isn't a hardware issue because i have a fast computer with stable cable connection. I believe its Vonage or Dlink 4100. still haven't been able to fix this but i think Vonage phone service is lagging my online games. I get a constant steady ping. I use a dlink 4100 so what could it be? I have DCHP disables in theVonage. Game fuel with autocalssification is enabled. SPI disabled with all ports open for battlefield 2. I If its important i use a AMD 3600+ brisbane with 3.5GB ram and 8800GTS 320MB. I have the dual core optimizer installed because i did get a similar lag bu tit happend every couple of seconds. But im sure that solved it so i think its the Voange and 4100 not working together right maybe. Is there anything else in the 4100 i should enable or disable?

The Vonage boxes suck as routers...I'm guessing your connection is running through BOTH the Vonage box..and your DLink? If that's the case...well, the Vonage router if your bottleneck..the DLink gets its legs cut off below the knees. Hang your Vonage box behind the DLink router...just like a PC.

Also...what type of internet? What make/model broadband modem?

Also..you don't have to open/forward any ports to play BF2...you only do that if you're running a server at your house..and you wish to allow people to connect to your server from out across the internet.

Back