What is the fastest SSD/HDD for a primary drive currently available?

Limp Gawd
Hi,

I was just wondering what is the fastest SSD/HDD currently available for purchase today for a primary OS drive? Just to clarify, I mean for a desktop, not raided, and not needing some kind of additional controller purchased. Although telling me what the fastest is under any circumstance would be educational too.

Thanks

So no 15,000RPM HDD beats that SSD ( I believe some don't need an additional controller)?

So no 15,000RPM HDD beats that SSD ( I believe some don't need an additional controller)?
No hard drive can match an ssd and you would need a sas controller anyway for a 15k rpm drive.

Corsair's current marvell based line...for now
IIRC the c300 still beats it where it matters the most for the ops purposes which is 4k read.

Corsair's lineup is the 3rd gen of the same controller Crucial uses.....

It would not be better, in almost any way at all ( unless perhaps the poster only has SATA 2, in which case 2nd gen sandforce might be better. Best brand IMHO is mushkin for sandforce )

Plextor also has the 3rd gen marvel controller in their drives....and soon crucial will as well.

OCZ Revodrive's and the X2 versions beat everything right now. They are PCI-e cards running on a PCI-X to PCI-e bridge with a bank of four SSD's in RAID0 via an onboard controllers.

The X2's have very high IOPS and push over 5-600MB/s, but are tres expensive for the capacity compared to a normal Revodrive or 2.5" or 3.5" SSD.

Back