What is the equivalent of...

missing theory

Weaksauce
Hi [H],

I have had my current rig for close to four years now and am interested in trying some new hardware.

What is the equivalent of the C2D E6600 Conroe to one of the new Intel CPUs? I'm looking for something better than that equivalent.

Thanks

I don't believe Intel is even making anything now (other than Atom) that "equivalent" to the E6600 in performance... Pretty much every Intel desktop CPU out there, mutilates the E6600 in performance. Time to upgrade...:)

Agreed. Intel's mainstream processors are all quad cores at this point. Any of which are MUCH faster than the E6600 even at equivalent frequencies.

If it starts with "Core i", it's much faster than an E6600.

Most of the "Pentium Dual Core Exxxx" chips are probably equivalent to an E6600, some are faster.

Hi [H],

I have had my current rig for close to four years now and am interested in trying some new hardware.

What is the equivalent of the C2D E6600 Conroe to one of the new Intel CPUs? I'm looking for something better than that equivalent.

Thanks

Like others said there are no iseries processors that perform that slow. I recommend a SB i3 2100 if you don't overclock.

value-wise I'd say the I5 2500k is equivalent to the E6600 today :) by far the best choice price<>performance -wise

Back