What is the difference between the LG L246WP and the LG L245WP?

What is the difference between the LG L246WP and the LG L245WP?

They are the same. L245WP is the name used in Europe and L246WP is used in US and maybe other countries too.

Watchout for getting a revision 1 screen they have an annoying buzzing sound in everything except 100% brightness. They are made before June 2007.

Has anyone actually researched this? Because both the 245 and 246 are available at the same online retailer here in Sweden. The 246 is 10% cheaper and is sporting slightly worse viewing angles, better response time, higher contrast but lower light output. Not that I'd put any trust in spec. sheets, but anyway.

http://www.dustinhome.se/productlist.aspx?lgroup=5694&dgroup=135&CurrentPage=2

ninjaedit: I mailed LG, lets hope they respond.

Besides the difference in the name (245WP vs. 246WP), one has the buttons on one side and another has 'em on the other side. But that should be it as far as the differences go. Besides, I bought a 246WP from the store, but in the hidden menu it says the model is 245. Again, goes to show that 246 is nothing more than a name/button layout change. Usually big retail stores carry 246 while online e-tailers or such have the 245.

shurcool has it right. The only differences between the L246WP and L245WP are cosmetic; the L246WP was intended to be the "retail" model, wile the L245WP was meant for online retailers (Newegg, etc.). I don't know whether the L246WP is available in Europe, but both are available in North America, so it isn't the case that one is the North American version and the other the European version.

Like fusion said, there's also the L246WH, which is different. It has a TN panel instead of a P-MVA, which, if the usual TN vs. MVA stereotypes are true, means it has a better response time at the expense of worse viewing angles and color. I'm not aware whether this is available in North America.

Unfortunately, since the L245WP and L246WP came out first, and none of us knew that there would be an "H" version too, many of us started dropping the letters and just referring to them as the 245 and 246. It was confusing enough at the time, since lots of people weren't sure as to what the difference actually was, but now it's even worse given that the third model actually is significantly different. It's a shame LG didn't choose a better naming scheme in order to make a more clear distinction between the TN model for the previous ones.

Back