Votes: 3 7.3%
  • Antivir

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 1 2.4%

• Total voters

jtvd78

Limp Gawd
This thread is a re-done version of the "What Virus scanner is the best?" thread. The thread has been re-made because of the bad poll choices (With permission from a Moderator). The Antivirus program will be for 3 computers. I would like the most effective program. Price, for the most part, does not matter.

I voted to answer the question literally....Symantec, as for 2009 AV-Comparatives.Org rated it as the best. Although due to recent years of problems with Symantec regarding issues and bloat, it has always been good in detection, and this year they've totally revamped it from the ground up, it's very light (approx 8 megs).

2nd place at AV-....Kaspersky
3rd place, Eset NOD32.

And over the past 6 months in various tests, Microsoft Security Essentials has still managed to average in the top 5 choices of most of their tests. And in recent months, even better so. Very good considering it's a product released only this past October.

So while my answer of "Symantec" answers your question literally (which...was already answered in your prior post if you red the abundant links to av-comparatives.org)....MSE would be my choice to install on all my home computers...which is what I did, even though I have free licensing for Eset and Symantec.

It's FREE
It's nag free
It's relatively light on your system
It's nag free
It's great in detection and cleaning
It's nag free
And it has a simple interface...
...plus it's nag free. Pretty rare feature for a free antivirus.

i really think that Avira or MSE is the best, too bad i can't vote for both cause i would

Why bother with a poll when you could have had MSE install on all 3 machines and been done with it?

MSE.
Free, easy to use, low memory, does its job and dosent complain like avast.

I moved 90% of my clients to it.

While I have no problem conceding that Norton 2009 is probably the best anti-virus suite (for now), I still cannot forget or forgive the credit card billing issues Symantec gave me several years ago, so they are still not allowed to have my new credit card info. Bad customer service behavior like that has long-term consequences.

Back